Importing Console Games (beat the price increase)

Solidus

Expert Member
Xbox 360 60GB Live Starter Kit

360 60GB Starter Kit

For those looking for a hardrive for their 360 a nice import from Shopto.
I found this and thought it might be useful to some forumites.

Xbox 360 60GB Live Starter Kit

The Xbox 360 60GB LIVE Starter Pack offers all of the components for Xbox 360 Arcade and Core console owners to get onto Xbox LIVE and jump into the complete Xbox 360 experience including online multiplayer gaming and Marketplace content downloads at an incredible value.

60GB LIVE Starter Kit contains:

60GB Hard Drive

Wired Headset

Ethernet Cable

3-month Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription Card

Easy entry into Xbox LIVE for Arcade and Core console owners

Allows Arcade and Core owners to upgrade their system in one package

60GB Hard Drive allows users the ability to download HD video content, XBLA games, and Xbox Originals

Enjoy online multiplayer gaming and other exclusives with the included 3-month Gold LIVE Subscription Card

Chat with friends while playing your favourite games with the included Xbox 360 Wired Headset

£53.82

jarrodr

Expert Member
I just ordered Street fighter IV ps3, 33.49 pounds from SHOPTO.net... Now I wait

PDonut

I hate waiting for SAPO to send that stupid collection slip. Anyone know how to use the Royal Mail tracking number to get the South african one?

Solidus

Expert Member
IIRC you have to phone SAPO and give em the royal mail tracking number then they'll give you a local one

Last edited:

benitok

I hate waiting for SAPO to send that stupid collection slip. Anyone know how to use the Royal Mail tracking number to get the South african one?

1. Once you receive your Royal Mail tracking number, wait a few days (until you think its in SA)
2. Phone 0860 111 502 and give them your Royal Mail tracking number and ask for the SA Post Office tracking number.
3. Then go to http://oraweb.sapo.co.za/track_trace/owa/tt_history.main and enter your SA tracking number to see if its at the post office.
4. You can go to the Post office if status shows that its been delivered or wait for the collection slip.

NB: Keep in mind that the post office give the package a new number which is on the collection slip. So when you go into the post office with your SA Post Office tracking number (not the collection slip), the person would have to search for your package, but they will find it, just might have to wait a bit longer.

PDonut

Thanks guys
Impressive, got a quick response from the SAPO customer service nad got my tracking number..

Bit worried about this part tho...

D-DELIVERY FROM AS WITSPOS DAMAGED ITEM FR 31-Mar-2009 12:25

benitok

Thanks guys
Impressive, got a quick response from the SAPO customer service nad got my tracking number..

oh o, hope its alright. Maybe try your luck with ShopTo and tell them it was damage during the posting, maybe they would send you another one. But since we are not in the UK it might not work.

Edit: If its a PS3 game, it should be ok, Blu ray discs can take some beating.

Last edited:

PDonut

Ya, the overseas places are usually quite good with their insurance and replacements but will see what shows up first i guess.

Solidus

Expert Member
Tried tracking my Resident Evil 5 now, they say they haven't received it yet and its been a week. Thinking the steelbook is gonna pose a bit of a problem now

jarrodr

Expert Member
Thanks guys

When did your order get dispatched from shopto.net?

Solidus

Expert Member
25th March

Its on its way to my post office tho, so will pick it up tomo

Hope all is ok mate, I ordered mine the same date but mines not in the country.
Guess the wait is bit longer for me :(

Silver82

Don't worry, it'll arrive.

My blu rays from Amazon took about 3 weeks, and I only found out they'd arrived after phoning customs, but I have a feeling that alerting them of an incoming package from overseas means you're bound to pay import duties? lol, so is it a sneaky wait and see and hopefully it get's through without duties, or do you phone, get the comfort that it's on it's way/already here and then pay the import duty?

Either way, I still saved loads by buying from the UK. Planet Earth - SA R900 vs UK R350 (with import duties). 3 for 3 special on blu rays, SA R750 +/- vs UK R420 (including import duties)

PDonut

just got my parcel and all in perfect condition :) so 8 days all in all from order to pickup. Faster than kalahari, which was 10 days...

jarrodr

Expert Member
I just ordered Street fighter IV ps3, 33.49 pounds from SHOPTO.net... Now I wait

Feedback time
I placed my order : 1st April
Royal posted : 1st April though it left UK 3rd April
Arrived in SA : 8th April
Will be at my local post office : 9th April

The wait is almost over:D

Solidus

Expert Member
Feedback time
I placed my order : 1st April
Royal posted : 1st April though it left UK 3rd April
Arrived in SA : 8th April
Will be at my local post office : 9th April

The wait is almost over:D

You're Lucky
I placed my order: 26th March
Royal Posted: 26th March

Word to the wise don't order a steelbook game edition :(

jarrodr

Expert Member
You're Lucky
I placed my order: 26th March
Royal Posted: 26th March

Word to the wise don't order a steelbook game edition :(

Arhhh the pain, you got your refund letter ready:(

jarrodr

Expert Member
Damnit, F&*% SAPO.:mad::mad::mad:

The below was taken from a local ps3 forum site.

my mate just got this mail when trying to register :

Unfortunately we have had to remove South Africa from our list of shipping destinations, due to the majority not reaching their destination. Sorry we're not able to do business at this time, hopefully the situation will improve in the future and we'll be able to start shipping there again.
Regards,
ShopTo Support