• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Imports: Scott's Shipping Services

So... What would you all like the next blog post to be about? My 2 ideas are our security and privacy around your contact details etc or an unacceptable items list but hit me up with any other suggestions!

Hoping to get it up Monday.

Werfetter

So... What would you all like the next blog post to be about? My 2 ideas are our security and privacy around your contact details etc or an unacceptable items list but hit me up with any other suggestions!

Hoping to get it up Monday.
It could be interesting to hear about "special" items that cannot be transported/imported in the usual way or that require additional costs to import like batteries and the like...

bigboy529

Expert Member
OT, Scott, thought you might be the best person to ask. With black Friday, how fast is Amazon's shipping within the US,,, are their big delays due to the huge demand or not really? I might be going to the US around 20 or 21 November just in time for black Friday but will be flying back 1 December, so wondering if I'll get my parcels in time before flying back if I buy say from Amazon on the 23rd?

Drifter

Honorary Master
It could be interesting to hear about "special" items that cannot be transported/imported in the usual way or that require additional costs to import like batteries and the like...
I often need specialized spray paints that I cant get locally.

OT, Scott, thought you might be the best person to ask. With black Friday, how fast is Amazon's shipping within the US,,, are their big delays due to the huge demand or not really? I might be going to the US around 20 or 21 November just in time for black Friday but will be flying back 1 December, so wondering if I'll get my parcels in time before flying back if I buy say from Amazon on the 23rd?
I've got Prime so can't comment on the normal delivery speed, but last year I got everything within the 2 day prime shipping guarantee.

I often need specialized spray paints that I cant get locally.
Can't do spray paints on express couriers, only a HAZ freight shipment which will cost a lot unfortunately.

Drifter

Honorary Master
I dont mind waiting a month if it has to be. Just the local suppliers only bring in once , or maybe twice a year.

hippynox

Hi Scott,do you think you can set up a hellopeter page(also added to your website)? So people can see/track other customers experience with your services please :)

Blog post won't be up today, I've been man down with flu all weekend so didn't get a chance to write it.

I dont mind waiting a month if it has to be. Just the local suppliers only bring in once , or maybe twice a year.
It's the minimum shipping costs that will be an issue, min charge is 32kg so bringing in just a couple of cans wouldn't work. If you want to get a bulk shipment in though it can be easily arranged.

Hi Scott,do you think you can set up a hellopeter page(also added to your website)? So people can see/track other customers experience with your services please :)
I've got no plans for that, with Facebook, Google and the various forums there's plenty of opportunity for customers to leave reviews etc. I'm also not a fan of HelloPeter in the slightest, that's just inviting toxicity in.

hippynox

I've got no plans for that, with Facebook, Google and the various forums there's plenty of opportunity for customers to leave reviews etc. I'm also not a fan of HelloPeter in the slightest, that's just inviting toxicity in.
Thanks for the honest reply and explanation.

Drifter

Honorary Master
My last order from the UK took 9 working days to be delivered. That is super impressive. Last item I tried bringing in myself, is still on it's way, been 10 weeks now. Thanks Scott and team for the excellent service.

My last order from the UK took 9 working days to be delivered. That is super impressive. Last item I tried bringing in myself, is still on it's way, been 10 weeks now. Thanks Scott and team for the excellent service.
Anytime! give us a shout if you need anything else.

Just a reminder we're going to be CLOSED tomorrow through to Sun 12th. Open again first thing Monday, have a great weekend all!