Imports: Scott's Shipping Services

K3NS31

Expert Member
I just found out about the 'no more than 3 items' rule. Kindle is at customs and won't let it go without a number. Could you help with this and how much would you ask if yes? Regards
What's the "No more than 3 items" rule? Sorry I've been out of touch and don't see anything on the Scotts Shipping website.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
what is the best way to courier a big ass tv? Scott i know you guys replied on no insurance, but how is something like this handled?

K3NS31

Expert Member
Hey @ScottulusMaximus just had a thought - why don't you post repeat / popular queries on your website or this forum. There must be stuff that lots of people request quotes for. I'm sure the prices vary according to where in SA you're delivering to, but I know for me - a general idea within R100 or so is all I really need.

For example, the Google store BF specials are all up already., I'm sure lots of people are requesting quotes for the same 6 or 7 items. Why not just put up general pricing and save yourself having to re-quote everyone?

Just a thought.

Hey @ScottulusMaximus just had a thought - why don't you post repeat / popular queries on your website or this forum. There must be stuff that lots of people request quotes for. I'm sure the prices vary according to where in SA you're delivering to, but I know for me - a general idea within R100 or so is all I really need.

For example, the Google store BF specials are all up already., I'm sure lots of people are requesting quotes for the same 6 or 7 items. Why not just put up general pricing and save yourself having to re-quote everyone?

Just a thought.
Our quoting software is very fast so it's easy to generate. Posting ballpark pricing isn't really feasible due to exchange rate fluctuations as well as sellers adjusting their prices. Also that's why we have Quick Estimate so you can generate your own ballparks: https://www.scottshipping.co.za/quick-estimate/

TBH it's faster to generate a new quote than argue with a customer about pricing we've posted up previously :)

McT

The Humble Scot!
I assume that you can handle shipment of products from Germany. In my case, it would be Lego parts ordered from a BrickLink store.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Hi Scott. I'm a bit fuzzy here. Should I want to buy say, the new Amazon Kindle, would I purchase from them and get you to ship it, or would I order it directly through you?

And if they ship this, should I still use you, or them? :)

ekske1

Expert Member
@ScottulusMaximus

Would it be possible to pickup something in the USA and have it imported to RSA with at least registered and insured.

I can't give the exact weight but its going to be two books for which I have the dimensions.