Impressive stock picks by SA analysts

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Here are the stock picks of Stock Watch experts in April and May, with the average performance of their picks.

For reference...

The s&p 500 between April 1st and today has increase 45%.

The s&p 500 between May 1st and today has increase 26.5%.

So not so impress with any of them. Also are the percentage results normalized for currency differences? I doubt it based on the following.

Imtiaz Suliman from Sentio Capital – 76%

Imtiaz Suliman picked Alibaba and Foschini Group, which both performed very well over the last six months.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Stay away from local markets.
I think a small portion of your portfolio in the local market is fine. I bought PPE at 27c a few months ago and now it's at 90c. Decent growth. It's a bit of an outlier for me though, I have some terrible picks.

I know there is way more to analysts picking stocks based on things way above my head and succeeding, but I mean, monkeys can do it too, without all the fancy algorithms- so I take these sorts of articles with a pinch of salt.

freematrix

I think AI will be able to predict markets better in the future where guys like these experts will have their jobs on the line.

Coasti

Expert Member
Well I am no expert and I have exactly trippled my portfolio in the 11 months YTD, the covid crash in March was when the blood was in the streets.