In Ear Headphones - Under R1200.00-

Strawberry_M

I am looking to get a new pair of in ear headphones: Requirements as follows:
Can be wired but must have good quality sound
If bluetooth must have more than 10hours playback time?
I looked at the Beats Flex by Dr Dre but have no clue if they play low res sound. Some advice will be good please.

Thank you
M

phly

Expert Member
Are the above immune to that infamous plague that causes one earphone side to just go silent and listen to the other side?

Gnarls

Expert Member
Are the above immune to that infamous plague that causes one earphone side to just go silent and listen to the other side?

No!

Wife went through multiple pairs in quick succession - same problem before we upgraded to Shure SE215s.

It's out of OP's budget though.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
No earphones are, but e.g. Skull candy I used the warranty 4 times in the space of 3 years, was great when a one year warranty keeps getting renewed because the product fails.

My Sennheiser Cx 3.00 (think that was the product name, can't remember) lasted me about five years before one ear went dead.

phly

Expert Member
Hmm these cx300 seem to get alot of praise. I'll look into them. My only benchmark for earphones is old apple supplied earphones and those last quite long including saving your phone from falls etc. Above 1k I reckon headphones are a better investment compared to earphones but I'm also no audiophile so can't really comment.