Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

Seven_Nine_Eight

Indeed. Vaccination status vs Cases do not appear to correlate well.
fully_vaxxed_uk_us_germ_ital-png.1152006

rus_ind_mex_rsa-png.1152026

ira_japan_nigeria_iceland-png.1152374

singa-png.1161018

Any other countries that might be of interest?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
So firstly lifted restrictions, secondly how many cases are unvaccinated, thirdly what are the hospital and death rates compared and fourthly how many of those hospital and death cases are unvaccinated and/or immuno compromised?

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
This is so dumb. The more vaccinated countries lifted all restrictions. Imagine the numbers if there were no restrictions without any vaccinations.
One possibility would be that this virus burnt itself through the world's population, millions died, and would have become just another endemic virus infection.
I can see years of simulations coming out all with wonderful statistical analyses supporting all of them.

Ponderer

Executive Member
One possibility would be that this virus burnt itself through the world's population, millions died, and would have become just another endemic virus infection.
I agree with you.
It is, in my opinion, the most plausible explanation (interpretation of the data).
The virus is busy loosing it's teeth (so to speak).

Mmmmm - one more thing.
The data also suggests that vaccination does not curb the spread of the virus.
Therefore: A vaccinated person is just as likely to spread the virus as an unvaccinated person.
I can see years of simulations coming out all with wonderful statistical analyses supporting all of them.
Yeah - politics.

access

Honorary Master
Imagine the numbers if there were no restrictions without any vaccinations.

fear mongering.

looking at our country, we had entire communities ignoring restrictions, masses of people enjoying a dysfunctional holiday. lots of reports about it in our media. everyone in south africa knows about it.

they did not all dropped dead. they are/were definitely not vaccinated.

for your statement to be true, they should all/most be dying/dead now.

so no, those numbers would not be (are not) high as you are insinuating.

tetrasect

Expert Member
fear mongering.

looking at our country, we had entire communities ignoring restrictions, masses of people enjoying a dysfunctional holiday. lots of reports about it in our media. everyone in south africa knows about it.
Which is part of the reason why this happened:
screenshot-www.worldometers.info-2021.10.25-10_08_47.png

Now imagine Durban beaches open and packed to the hilt, Sports stadiums open and packed to the hilt, concerts and music festivals open and packed to the hilt, night clubs open and packed to the hilt, all without masks or social distancing. What do you think the above graph would look like?

they did not all dropped dead. they are/were definitely not vaccinated.

for your statement to be true, they should all/most be dying/dead now.

so no, those numbers would not be (are not) high as you are insinuating.

So for my statement (which was that without any restrictions in place across the board, cases and deaths would be many times higher in unvaccinated countries compared to vaccinated countries) to be true, everyone or most people should be dead or dying? Have you lost the plot, man? When did I ever insinuate that? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Now imagine Durban beaches open and packed to the hilt, Sports stadiums open and packed to the hilt, concerts and music festivals open and packed to the hilt, night clubs open and packed to the hilt, all without masks or social distancing. What do you think the above graph would look like?
The same, possibly higher numbers.

deesef

Expert Member
So massively increasing the number of people in close contact without masks on will most likely have no effect at all, but could possibly result in higher numbers?

You guys are smoking some ****ed up weed.
Please don't feed the donkeys...

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
This just popped up on the Antivaxx tiktok and as expected the misinformation-brigade with @Geoff.D arrive and already made the incorrect assumptions with their aNaLyTiCaL abilities:ROFL:
Even the Author stated people are making wrong conclusions (as always)

Alas, there’s just one problem for Horowitz and company: S.V. Subramanian, the Harvard professor of population health and geography behind the paper, says the vaccine doubters are completely wrong.
“That conclusion is misleading and inaccurate,” Subramanian told me of Horowitz’s Blaze column over email. “This paper supports vaccination as an important strategy for reducing infection and transmission, along with hand-washing, mask-wearing, and physical distancing.”

Author was highlighting:
Geography and other factors like behavior can have major effects
Vaccination alone won't necessarily stop it if people ignore sound advice like safe distancing and handwashing that can help

(e.g., the importance of basic public health hygiene with regards to maintaining safe distance or handwashing, promoting better frequent and cheaper forms of testing) needs to be renewed in order to strike the balance of learning to live with COVID-19 in the same manner we continue to live a 100 years later with various seasonal alterations of the 1918 Influenza virus

Takeaways:
Learn to read idiots,or let others do it for you
Get vaccinated

The_MAC

Executive Member
Is there mention of the type of vaccine administered per country?

Ponderer

Executive Member
This just popped up on the Antivaxx tiktok and as expected the misinformation-brigade with @Geoff.D arrive and already made the incorrect assumptions with their aNaLyTiCaL abilities:ROFL:
Even the Author stated people are making wrong conclusions (as always)

Author was highlighting:
Geography and other factors like behavior can have major effects
Vaccination alone won't necessarily stop it if people ignore sound advice like safe distancing and handwashing that can help

Takeaways:
Learn to read idiots,or let others do it for you
Get vaccinated
The ability to read is not the problem.
It's the ability to understand/comprehend what you read that's the problem.
Your post suggests that you dunno unnerstand so lekka.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
The ability to read is not the problem.
It's the ability to understand/comprehend what you read that's the problem.
Your post suggests that you dunno unnerstand so lekka.
Ok ponderoni:thumbsup:
You'll have to enlighten us with the understandingnessness thats lekka. Geoff's indicated he can understand such studies very well,so clearly the issue was misreading or missing critical information so I base my comment on that. Unless he was lying?

Care to make an actual comment then or prefer to shitpost for giggles? I don't mind playing if I know the game

Despite the misinterpretation, anti-vaxxers and vaccine doubters like Horowitz have held up and shared Subramanian’s paper as vindication on an array of platforms that have struggled to fight false anti-vaccine information. Horowitz’s own column has been tweeted out to at least half a million users. Posts bringing attention to the paper have done well on anti-vax and right-wing Reddit groups; a summary was posted to more than a dozen subreddit communities with over 34 million followers.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
To quote the author of the study again for the slower subset of the crowd:
Subramanian insisted that the positive effects of vaccines are not in doubt: “Other research has clearly and definitively established that the vaccines significantly reduce the risk of hospitalization and mortality.”

Ponderer

Executive Member
Ok ponderoni:thumbsup:
You'll have to enlighten us with the understandingnessness thats lekka. Geoff's indicated he can understand such studies very well,so clearly the issue was misreading or missing critical information so I base my comment on that. Unless he was lying?

Care to make an actual comment then or prefer to shitpost for giggles? I don't mind playing if I know the game
Okay - let's play.
Are you of the opinion that vaccination reduces/curbs the spread of the virus?