India debuts world's cheapest tablet computer at $35 tomorrow

Impressive, at that price forget the galaxy and iPad, i know what I'm getting my folks for x-mas.

Impressive, at that price forget the galaxy and iPad, i know what I'm getting my folks for x-mas.

Just dont expect the Ipad or Galaxy tab experience for $35. You get what you pay for. My personal opinion is that a cheap tab is not worth spending money on. Especially when the quality in the screen is lacking. You will just get frustrated and have a negative tab experience.

Just dont expect the Ipad or Galaxy tab experience for $35. You get what you pay for. My personal opinion is that a cheap tab is not worth spending money on. Especially when the quality in the screen is lacking. You will just get frustrated and have a negative tab experience.

+1

At least a step in the right direction.

Within the one article -

Iberry, a Hong Kong-based tablet device manufacturer, is also planning to launch two tablets that are tipped to become cheapest of the chips.
This will start with a $140 7-inch model. It will be based on Android 2.3 and will be capable of handling up to 32 GB of expandable memory via Micro SD cards. The gadgets will go on sale from 10 October.

and from some comments made in one of the articles -

The cheapest tablets available globally are at about $99 for an HP TouchPad and $199 for Amazon's Kindle Fire. In India, tablets currently start from $99 for Pepper, a tablet launched last month by Devraj group of companies. The Wespro ePad is available at Rs 7,000.

In the next few years, I'd rather take a chance on a real 'cheapie' from India, than pay Vodacom, MTN etc. their excessive prices for tablets.

Yes very true, i personally wouldn't get one, i prefer the iPad2 for obvious reasons. But for my folks who would just be using it to read in bed for a bit every night and for students or those who cant afford the higher end tabs, it is sufficient and inexpensive in comparison to what is available in the market atm.

Last edited:
Let's face it tablets are insanely overpriced.Maybe its time the big guns get some competition.

Let's face it tablets are insanely overpriced.Maybe its time the big guns get some competition.
+1

Iberry, a Hong Kong-based tablet device manufacturer, is also planning to launch two tablets that are tipped to become cheapest of the chips.

Good to know the tab monopolizing and exploitation will decrease in the near future.

Back