India-made Dusters recalled in UK. No action by Renault India.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Right hand drive Dusters for UK, were made in India at the Renault-Nissan's plant in Chennai until recently, when the company shifted the production to Dacia's Pitesti plant in Romania where LHD Duster's are being produced.

What started with only a few complaints, has now spread all over the internet about issues relating to corrosion in right hand drive Dusters.

The India-made (Dacia) Dusters have developed a reputation for being rust buckets in the UK.

Blame it on paint irregularities or lack of quality control, but owners experienced rust issues in their few month old Dusters.

In response to the several complains, Dacia UK officially released statements which confirmed paintwork issues in right hand drive Dusters manufactured between January 2013 and August 2014.

However,the Chennai plant manufactured Dusters for both UK and India. The Dusters sold in India are still being manufactured at the same plant.

If the UK Duster is plagued with corrosion issues and Dacia have officially recalled the Duster to address the issue, it is very strange that Renault India have remained tight-lipped regarding the Indian spec Duster sold here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/india-made-dusters-recalled-uk-no-action-renault-india

TehStranger

Executive Member
Even more proof that any car put together in India is a massive pile of ****.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Not only RHD, I recall the Autobild 100,000km test on a LHD Duster also found rust, and they take the cars apart and use tiny cameras to check all cavities.

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
Today's Daily Dispatch

airborne

Honorary Master
Once the rust is in you never get it out..completely.

What was the original issue that caused the rust, insufficient primer, raw panels left without primer for too long, no seamsealer etc?

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
Once the rust is in you never get it out..completely.

What was the original issue that caused the rust, insufficient primer, raw panels left without primer for too long, no seamsealer etc?

I'm guessing a combination of all three. Cutting corners.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Just as Renault looks like they were finally getting their act together....
It's what you get when you insist on cheap labour.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Should have been called the Renault Ruster... :crylaugh:
:crylaugh:

It's a shame, I really like the Duster. They have a certain charm to them and you seem to get a lot of car for your money, especially second-hand.

I'd opt for one without the rust package added though... :)