India stops Malaria drug export, Trump threatens retaliation

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
I've been watching some of Trump's press briefings and if I got a dollar every time he said the word hydroxychloroquine I'd be a rich man.

Apparently he has business interests in the drug, so him advertising it hard means more money in his pocket. Not familiar with the source so credibility is iffy.

IndigoIdentity

Expert Member
Apparently he has business interests in the drug, so him advertising it hard means more money in his pocket. Not familiar with the source so credibility is iffy.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...-makes-hydroxychloroquine-report-5118801.html

I find it quite funny as Trump is responsible for the massive cuts in aid funding to India over the past few years citing:

"President Trump wants to ensure that our foreign assistance dollars - the most generous in the world - always serve American interests, and we look forward to helping him see that the American people are no longer taken for granted".

India actually refuses foreign aid during times of disaster and is simply trying looking after the best interests of it's own people, not unlike the USA in their logic to reduce foreign aid expenditure but now dear old Trump is attempting to strong arm them into accepting his decree?

Lol, if I was India I'd tell Trump to go and jump too but hey at least the Indian government actually do have some compassion at the end of the day. It's a serious health problem that the USA is facing at the moment, among other issues too so good on them for helping out.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
What is CIA's job? Israel's Mossad can fill up an A380 with India's hydroxychloroquine and fly it to Tel Aviv.
Israel’s intelligence agency Mossad has procured 10 million surgical masks, 25,000 N95 respirator masks, 27 ventilators and 20,000 test kits to help in the country’s fight against the coronavirus pandemic, according to reports.

I can just imagine the Palestinians or some other poor country, waiting at the airport for their stuff, while Mossad are are quietly chuckling amongst themselves, 6ft apart of course.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
I've been watching some of Trump's press briefings and if I got a dollar every time he said the word hydroxychloroquine I'd be a rich man.
And when he's not on about that, he's blowing his own trumpet.

self-praise is no recommendation (at all)

Praise of oneself is worth nothing, as one cannot be objective of one's own work or accomplishments.

Praising oneself reveals one's arrogance or selfishness, which in turn lowers other's opinion of one.

joker08

Expert Member
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...-makes-hydroxychloroquine-report-5118801.html

I find it quite funny as Trump is responsible for the massive cuts in aid funding to India over the past few years citing:

"President Trump wants to ensure that our foreign assistance dollars - the most generous in the world - always serve American interests, and we look forward to helping him see that the American people are no longer taken for granted".

India actually refuses foreign aid during times of disaster and is simply trying looking after the best interests of it's own people, not unlike the USA in their logic to reduce foreign aid expenditure but now dear old Trump is attempting to strong arm them into accepting his decree?

Lol, if I was India I'd tell Trump to go and jump too but hey at least the Indian government actually do have some compassion at the end of the day. It's a serious health problem that the USA is facing at the moment, among other issues too so good on them for helping out.
Definitely not compassion. India's economy is dependent on the US and other developed countries.

IndigoIdentity

Expert Member
Definitely not compassion. India's economy is dependent on the US and other developed countries.

What leads you to believe this, they have one of the fastest growing economies in the world?

To my knowledge aid funding only makes up 1% of their GDP.

Exports are a lot higher sitting at around 20% with 30% of this value split between the EU and the USA.

Sure it’s going to effect their decision to some degree but it’s likely not a complete deciding factor within this, i feel like it’s more about how the world will look at them if you’re they don’t provide any support so they have agreed to do so to an extent.

My own opinion but the Indian governments leadership seems to show a lot more strength and clarity than that shown by the government of the USA at this point in time. Trumps just showing how weak of a leader he really is.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Ironic, isn't Trump advocating for the US not to export ventilators and masks?
Quite the opposite ......he is bleating about everyone else taking the stuff, apparently, because the US trades with other countries, they owe it to the US?

and I must admit, the idea that the US has "the best people in the world" - which comes up almost daily (and of course, the idiots live else where,) is getting a bit stale.

And then you DT him kaking out a reporter because she mentioned the Inspector General - he kept on asking her, "Whats his name ...." except, the IG is a woman .......
When some other chap made the Donald aware of this, he starting asking some other arb question, rather than discuss the issue at hand, which is that there just aren't enough supplies in the hospitals.

Its a circus when DT rides into town, daily.

Grant

Honorary Master
Ironic, isn't Trump advocating for the US not to export ventilators and masks?
Not ironic at all. He's trying to get as much as he can for his own country.

Hell probably want to stockpile global resources then throw crumbs to allies and deprive enemies