India tour of South Africa, 2018

McT

The Humble Scot!
200 up, we gonna win.
The G&T is strong with this one ^

Embarrassing all around...making the semis of the World Cup is looking a stretch :erm:
Aye. Fully agree. It'll require a serious rethink of the balance of the team sheet.

And the vermin who tries to blame it on injuries will be flamed.
- Klaasen justified his call up.
- AB is far from his best.
- You cannot base a team around Faf.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Yeah, I think we just so out of form at the mo and not just 1 or 2 players but 6 or 7.

Kohli has scored 40% of India's runs in the one day series so agreed, he is so bloody good but Chahal is ranked 29th in the ICC rankings. We play him like he's a top 10 bowler and India play Radaba like he's 29th. Yadav hasn't played enough to get a ranking yet, yet he has spun rings around our top order. It's worrying!!

It's one thing to lose an ODI series, quite another to get absolutely hammered by a team ranked 2nd, when you are 1st and playing at home...

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Hard to judge when SA is so poor.
Is it really that? I mean SA dealt with Zim the other day just as one would expect, I mean SA and Zim playing on par with their respective ability, no? I see a few injuries, but if SA really are no.1, surely three injured players doesn't **** up a team that badly? I think this just shows up why I refuse to support the SA team, as they appear too arrogant to give respect and credit to their opposition. (well, that and my penguin is Indian so I'm fully Indian by association)

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Exactly why it's fair to say that India are **** hot, not that SA are piss poor?
Their big players came to the party much better than ours did. The likes of Kohli (spit!), Sharma (eventually) & Dharwan outplayed QdK, Amla and AB. And once again, our inability to play spin was cruelly exposed.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
And once again, our inability to play spin was cruelly exposed.
I did hear an interview with the SA coach on the radio this morning, and he's not in the slightest concerned about this:wtf:
His reasoning that there is plenty of time before the WC and that the pitches in England wont turn... I thought summer pitches in SA didn't turn either...

falcon786

Executive Member
So basically umpires are paid for then?
Unfortunately the Indian cricket board is the richest in the world so everybody licks their behinds to gain favour with them.Marginal calls like that will always go India's way,the bat was clearly over the line when seen from the stumps side view as it(the bat) was at an angle,but 3rd umpire was too scared to potentially piss his Indian cricket board overlords and their prince Kohli off.:erm:

Yeah, I think we just so out of form at the mo and not just 1 or 2 players but 6 or 7.
Yeah at the end of the day regardless of one silly call our boys were just not playing better overall(injuries and form are part of this no doubt) and we keep pathetic weak minded batsmen like JP Duminy in the team,I really hope he plays pathetic for the rest of the series so we can drop him once and for all.

surface

Expert Member
Unfortunately the Indian cricket board is the richest in the world so everybody licks their behinds to gain favour with them.Marginal calls like that will always go India's way,the bat was clearly over the line when seen from the stumps side view as it(the bat) was at an angle,but 3rd umpire was too scared to potentially piss his Indian cricket board overlords and their prince Kohli off.:erm:
So, basically all SA cricket board and Proteas players also know this and do not dare to speak out? Interesting angle you have.

falcon786

Executive Member
He's the damn T20 cap'n
Funnily enough because it's been ingrained into him to just hit in T20 he does well there,for him unfortunately it's not lack of talent but just lack of mental strength.

When the going gets tough he tries to go into a shell and plays negatively and boom he's gone.Somebody needs to tell him to just go out there and hit already,he's undroppable he should stop stressing when he's out there on the field.

Cius

Expert Member
Was looking at the series stats on cricinfo so far and we are getting outplayed at every level. Batting and bowling the top 10 are dominated by the Indians.

Our team needs to do something spectacular to turn this bad form streak around. To be this bad in a home series is just sad.