Install a new bath

missvip

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of replacing my bath in the bathroom...lol duh! Does anyone know plus minus how much it costs to install a new bath? I feel like the labour may be as expensive as the bath :-(

missvip

There are different sizes and shapes of bathtubs that will suit different body types.

Send us a full frontal pic of yourself to advise further
Lol always love the replies haha

FNfal

Executive Member
To change some baths there is brick work for support and tiles to be fixed/matched, plumbing .
Basically a PITA that is why if it aint broke dont fix it .
Chose the bath you want and get a quote , but changing baths is not cheap.

cn@

Expert Member
I'd rather try and install a new electoral system in South Africa before I try and do what you are trying to do.

missvip

I'd rather try and install a new electoral system in South Africa before I try and do what you are trying to do.
So we have a shower in our bath. We replaced the bath a few years ago, as there was a crack where we stand. Embarrassing as it is, we just never got around to fixing the tile work etc. Basically it's just cemented smooth around the bath. Now i realised there is a small crack in the new bath. So i figured replace and do the tile work. It's such an eye sore.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of replacing my bath in the bathroom...lol duh! Does anyone know plus minus how much it costs to install a new bath? I feel like the labour may be as expensive as the bath :-(
Fancy bath or just a standard type of bath?

Stokstert

Executive Member
If it's a fibre glass type bath it must be supported from underneath or it might crack again.

missvip

If it's a fibre glass type bath it must be supported from underneath or it might crack again.
I was thinking dont they have to like put concrete or something under. It's obviously the weight of standing in the shower that's causing the crack

thechamp

Honorary Master
Okay, R2200 to instal one, that is just the bath including shower and associated plumbing.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So we have a shower in our bath. We replaced the bath a few years ago, as there was a crack where we stand. Embarrassing as it is, we just never got around to fixing the tile work etc. Basically it's just cemented smooth around the bath. Now i realised there is a small crack in the new bath. So i figured replace and do the tile work. It's such an eye sore.
What type of bath was it? A proper Ceramic, enamelled metal or plastic/fibreglass?

IguBu

Baths can cost anything from R2k for a bath and a simple job - to as much as you can imagine. Built in ones require a lot of labour - more than the bath itself - a job probably around R6-10K. Loose standing ones looks better (personal opinion) - and you just " put them down" - no little tiled border with silicon the rots etc - but they can be expensive if you look at imported ones.

A very nice local brand for loose standing ones at a lot less than the V&A ones : https://livingstonebaths.com/

Another suggestion - why don't you get rid of the bath, install a nice large dual head shower in stead? Probably free up some space in the bathroom, and end up costing the same...