Installation lead times in Port Elizabeth

lotus123

Hi all

I'm checking out SPs for my elderly parents in PE. They've had a torrid time with Telkom ADSL, and after trying to get things moving there today for them, I've suggested that they get fibre and go into the Telkom office and tell them to upstick it asswards.

Does anyone have recent experience of order lead times in PE? I'd like to give them an idea of how long it would take from order to getting a working service.

I checked with Helpline on Axxess website but the worker tells me "one month" - I get the idea that's a scripted response.

Thanks

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Typically within 2 weeks but with MFN sometimes a bit longer

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
Thanks, not too long then!
Hi all

I'm checking out SPs for my elderly parents in PE. They've had a torrid time with Telkom ADSL, and after trying to get things moving there today for them, I've suggested that they get fibre and go into the Telkom office and tell them to upstick it asswards.

Does anyone have recent experience of order lead times in PE? I'd like to give them an idea of how long it would take from order to getting a working service.

I checked with Helpline on Axxess website but the worker tells me "one month" - I get the idea that's a scripted response.

Thanks
Hi there,

generally, installations take around a week or two. In some cases, they are done exceptionally fast. The 30 day period is only given to allow contractors time to restore any errors they might run into along the way.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks, not too long then!

Metro is relatively fast if there is no issues experienced during the install.

Typical issues with installs can be no optic levels at the slim box. If the fibre is trenched they are unable to do so due to infrastructure blocking the trenching. Slim box is far away and needs to be moved or a new one installed.

rh1

Expert Member
Metro is relatively fast if there is no issues experienced during the install.

Typical issues with installs can be no optic levels at the slim box. If the fibre is trenched they are unable to do so due to infrastructure blocking the trenching. Slim box is far away and needs to be moved or a new one installed.
Yes, I have two fibre boxes, the first one was installed in a location that was not easy to connect to my home without lifting up pavers, trenching, the second location was optimal. (They used the telkom landline conduit).