Instigating people to break lockdown rules is now a criminal offence

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
It is now a criminal offence to instigate people to break lockdown rules in South Africa

A new criminal offence has been added to South Africa’s disaster management regulations for Covid-19, making it illegal to incite people to break the regulations.

Minister of Cooperative Governance and Corporate Affairs Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma published the updated regulations in the early hours of this morning for South Africa’s move to an adjusted alert level 4 lockdown. It states:

“Any person who incites, instigates, commands, or procures any other person to commit any offence in terms of these regulations commits an offence and is, on conviction, liable to a fine or imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.”

saor

Honorary Master
Lol @ the article pic. ANC taking shots at EFF.

Bighit

Expert Member
Pffft, arresting leaders. We are still waiting for Zuma to be attested for going AWOL at the state capture commission.

Currantly

Expert Member
lol dumb asses can stop people from killing and raping each other but someone gonna manage this.

It would be quite easy for them to at least make 'a few examples' out of people...I've already seen a couple of people on FB that fall foul of this...to be clear, I disagree with this altogether, all I'm saying is...

Swa

Honorary Master
Fascism — make it illegal to question the state

Gazg

Rent a crowd were all promised kfc, the only reason you didn't see the empty containers is because they are also red.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Professor Shabir Madhi, director of the Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Analytical Research Unit at Wits University, has said that the demonstration was a superspreader event.
Unless he has numbers of infections what he means is a potential super-spreader event.