Insufficient privileges to comment

Cool Ray

I have taken notice of the 30 posts for a minimum of a month thing. but they don't really have an explanation of why they wanted that. Hence why I asked.
my first post ... yay .. 29 more and im in ... but but is this reply a post or what .. confusion and insecurity reign supreme

GeorgeAF

my first post ... yay .. 29 more and im in ... but but is this reply a post or what .. confusion and insecurity reign supreme
Haha congratulations on your first post. You will get there.

This is a thread and you replied to it. You can post one of your own if you want to (either a statement, question or both. On practically anything but try to have the post under relevant sections of the forum) or you can join in on any conversation were you have enough rights to comment. FYI I bought an XBox One of this forum for a steal. Cool peeps outchere

Arcsine

Is it listed anywhere what the different post counts are for the different sections?

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
When you join you are on MyBB Lite and you need to upgrade to MyBB Enterprise Edition.
It gives you an Inbox, ability to change Avatar.
Costs $9.99 a month
And you get to say swear words
:thumbsup:

saor

Honorary Master
When you join you are on MyBB Lite and you need to upgrade to MyBB Enterprise Edition.
It gives you an Inbox, ability to change Avatar.
Costs $9.99 a month
And you get to say swear words
:thumbsup:
**** off.

Meh.

*Reaches for credit card...

Gozado

Hi, I was a long-term lurker here, long-term forum user elsewhere, who registered here a while ago and would like to participate. I'm confused, though, about this rule.

I've been participating in the discussion of tawdry's situation in his/her Sectional Title scheme, and thought that was interesting. I had the ability to read what others posted, to like some of their posts, to write my contribution and some of what I wrote was liked. That seemed to be trundling along nicely. Now, however, I've discovered that I have insufficient privileges. This seems to mean that I can no longer participate in that thread.

I've spent a while trying to find a set of rules or stickies that might explain this, but so far haven't understood it. I'd be grateful for links, if there are written rules about this kind of detail. Thanks.

Please could someone point out to me if I've inadvertently broken a forum rule, which might be the reason that I'm now able to take part less than I was a few days ago? Is there a way to be demoted?

Thanks very much.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hi, I was a long-term lurker here, long-term forum user elsewhere, who registered here a while ago and would like to participate. I'm confused, though, about this rule.

I've been participating in the discussion of tawdry's situation in his/her Sectional Title scheme, and thought that was interesting. I had the ability to read what others posted, to like some of their posts, to write my contribution and some of what I wrote was liked. That seemed to be trundling along nicely. Now, however, I've discovered that I have insufficient privileges. This seems to mean that I can no longer participate in that thread.

I've spent a while trying to find a set of rules or stickies that might explain this, but so far haven't understood it. I'd be grateful for links, if there are written rules about this kind of detail. Thanks.

Please could someone point out to me if I've inadvertently broken a forum rule, which might be the reason that I'm now able to take part less than I was a few days ago? Is there a way to be demoted?

Thanks very much.
Doubt you did something wrong. @bwana maybe you or some mod can help out here?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Maybe post in the Off Topic section and participate in the game forums. Nothing serious. Just to get your post count on. Not sure how many one need.

Gozado

Thanks, RedViking. It would help if I could understand what the "privileges" are, and how to earn them.

From my newby perspective, it seems that the way to earn privileges is to post on threads.
But now I have the status insufficient privileges to post on threads.

That seems circular: can't post because too few privileges, but the route to posting is blocked because to be allowed to post I have to first gain privileges by posting. Huh? I hope I'm just misunderstanding or missing something, and someone will explain it, or link to the rules. Thank you.

Gozado

... and even more confusing, clearly I am succeeding in posting here. How odd. So why no longer on the thread in which I could very recently post?

I'm obviously not understanding some key point.

Gozado

Okay, thank you. I hadn't been paying any attention to which threads were in "Off Topic" and which were not. So I'll go and have a look a that distinction. Thanks for the tip.

RedViking

Nord of the South
... and even more confusing, clearly I am succeeding in posting here. How odd. So why no longer on the thread in which I could very recently post?

This is off topic section. Check if you can post in the game threads or any other off topic thread. Think you need to get to 50 posts. Don't know where the rules are.

thehuman

Expert Member

Looking at your profile you have 13 posts but member for a while, i asume you can get your post count up a bit and try again