Insurance for photographic equipment

Migrant

Can anyone please recommend an insurance company or insurance broker who handle insurance cover for photographic equipment (camera + lenses)? Cover needed both within South Africa and travelling externally.

zizo911

Executive Member
Can anyone please recommend an insurance company or insurance broker who handle insurance cover for photographic equipment (camera + lenses)? Cover needed both within South Africa and travelling externally.
Add to your vehicle insurance.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Mine's insured on my household policy. It ain't cheap but I break a lot of stuff :eek:

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Bump, got a quote to insure my equipment as part of my household insurance and it's going to cost me R400 extra with an excess of R640 per item (They valued everything at R30k). Is that reasonable for all risk cover? Seems like a lot :/

This is with Momentum.

Bump, got a quote to insure my equipment as part of my household insurance and it's going to cost me R400 extra with an excess of R640 per item (They valued everything at R30k). Is that reasonable for all risk cover? Seems like a lot :/

This is with Momentum.
Do you have a breakdown per item?
My 6D is still insured for R25K (I should probably check prices again...) and costs me R93 per month at Alexander Forbes. Excess is R250.