Intel’s new Core X processors – South African pricing

Neoprod

Honorary Master
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-7900x-skylake-x,5092-10.html

At a Vcore of 1.4V, the system stayed stable for 10 benchmark runs. Intel's Core i9-7900X consumed an average of 261W, while individual peaks jumped as high as 293W. A test at 4.8 GHz using 20 instances of a year-long shading computation for a rooftop photovoltaic array, including profit calculation, pushed power consumption all the way to 335W. The motherboard shut down after we started Prime95 without limiting AVX. The last recorded value was 364W.
A CPU to warm the heart :)

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
What is very sad about these prices is the fact that in just a few years from now, those CPU s will be worth nothing!

Thor

Honorary Master
If it can't I'll be impressed.

Last AMD CPU I know that doesn't support virtualisation (A hypervisor) was the Athlons.
It doesnt support on board graphics so I guess no virtualizion won't even surprise me anymore.

Not stacking up to be a good cpu so far for me.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
It doesnt support on board graphics so I guess no virtualizion won't even surprise me anymore.

Not stacking up to be a good cpu so far for me.
You Should in anyways not be running Hyper-V...

vSphere FTW! :p

Moosedrool

Executive Member
does it work with Ryzen? :crylaugh:
VMware workstation would work even with CPU's not running vt-x or AMD-v technology.

It depends on what you want to do...

If you want to build a lab you can build it in there.

If you want to build a host managed by another server AKA a datacenter. Try the trail version of VMware workstation pro and install ESXi inside to see if it likes your cpu or not. Then if it works install esxi on your host(s). You might run into other compatibility issues though like network adapters and such if it's not a server board but there exists a way to obtain customised drivers for it.

sajunky

Honorary Master
What is very sad about these prices is the fact that in just a few years from now, those CPU s will be worth nothing!
This is the way Intel is trying to fight Ryzen. They are pushing temperature to the limit, just to pass high benchmark rates. It is uneconomical to build such monster PC's, Intel won't sell many, it is just for marketting purpose.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
This is the way Intel is trying to fight Ryzen. They are pushing temperature to the limit, just to pass high benchmark rates. It is uneconomical to build such monster PC's, Intel won't sell many, it is just for marketting purpose.
I like intel but always have this thing stuck in my head that they will still be letting us run Pentium 3's if it wasn't for competition.