Intel announces 10nm Xeon processors will finally launch in first quarter of 2021

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
Intel announces 10nm Xeon processors will finally launch in first quarter of 2021

Intel Corp. said a server chip built with its best production technique will be available in large volumes in the first quarter, an attempt to convince customers that its manufacturing operations are recovering from long delays.

The third generation of Xeon Scalable processors, codenamed Ice Lake, is undergoing a “volume ramp” on Intel’s 10-nanometer production, the company said Monday.

Advances in semiconductor manufacturing are measured in nanometers, or billionths of a meter, with smaller and smaller transistors crammed onto silicon wafers with each new iteration. This is a key way chipmakers create faster, more efficient and cheaper products.

[Bloomberg]

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Just in time to get outperformed by zen3 epyc CPUs

AMD is likely to go to 5nm tmsc like apple sometime late this year as well

rustypup

Expert Member
The real question is, will it include Spectre/Meltdown 2.0?

Not sure we should be allowed to access all that raw computing power and I believe I speak for everyone running HA environments when I say we really appreciate the challenge of losing 20% of our compute to overcome terrible security decisions.