freeek

Expert Member
I was on a over seas irc server

<freeek> if cable is slow i wonder wat my connection is
<freeek> 128k down 128k up
* ReAn pets his 6mb down / 4mb up
<BlueGene> how expensive?
<ReAn> $40 CND / Mo.
<BlueGene> Rean - and i pay 60US for 512kbps line a month.... and a 32gb download limit!! ...his from australia

<Shou-Tucker> i pay S$60 = abt US$45 for a 1.5mbit (Singapore)

generally all these people are from way different parts in the world. Now how can telkom even dare to say they are competetive compared to the rest of the world. How can ICASA allow they to make such a statement. Leave the Wireless people alone and start going after the devil, telskum

..- dot dot dash ;)

VQuest

Expert Member
Thats just plain cruel. Australia is further away from the States than we are and they are paying just over a third of our ADSL price and they get 10 (TEN!!!) times the cap!

I agree with you - we should concentrate all our efforts on the devil, aka Telkom. Once they've been put in their place, everything else will fall into place. Afterall, they are the dictators in SA. Time for the South African public to gag them once and for all.

----------------
United we stand!
----------------

podo

VQuest,

Actually, they are closer, if you cross the Pacific. Take that flat map and fold it in on itself so that the left and right edges touch, that's how far they are from the States. [:D]

VQuest

Expert Member
Damn, you're right, they are 2KM closer to the states than we are [:p]

That must be why they only pay approx R400 for their 32GB capped connection. Lucky shytes.

----------------
United we stand!
----------------

martin

Expert Member
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VQuest</i>
<br />Damn, you're right, they are 2KM closer to the states than we are [:p]

That must be why they only pay approx R400 for their 32GB capped connection. Lucky shytes.

----------------
United we stand!
----------------
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

lol [:D]

kaspaas

Expert Member
Would be interesting to apply the "Big Mac" index to these.

Or maybe even better: How many beers can you buy for your monthly ADSL fee?

I doubt if many business users around the world are paying around 250 beers a month for ADSL connectivity.

South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.

VQuest

Expert Member
LOL kaspaas, good point.

----------------
United we stand!
----------------