International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 2

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus that had not been previously identified in humans.

The virus causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever and in more severe cases, pneumonia. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently and avoiding touching your face.

HOW IT SPREADS

The new coronavirus spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze, or through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose.

A follow-on from the first thread here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-updates-discussion.1065794

Temujin

Executive Member
So, orangemen are immune?
Breaking: Spray tan sells out the world over

gottagoon

Expert Member
I had the last post before it was locked.

Gotta say MBB moderation on top of things :)

Mature and responsible moderation is why forums here are so active :) :)

Cheers

sand_man

Honorary Master

Polymathic

Honorary Master
1584273837066.jpeg
meanwhile the lines at US airports as people wait to get tested on arrival

braailekker11

My friend who works at a private East London based hospital insists that the coronavirus infected person has been admitted to the hospital as an in-patient. The friend claims that this person has zero travel history at least in this year.

Oh and BTW it's obvious that SA is on the same initial trajectory as Italy and Germany.

gottagoon

Expert Member
My friend who works at a private East London based hospital insists that the coronavirus infected person has been admitted to the hospital as an in-patient. The friend claims that this person has zero travel history at least in this year.

Oh and BTW it's obvious that SA is on the same initial trajectory as Italy and Germany.
East London SA?
If so Ciskei, Transkei going to be a fertile breeding ground for CoronaVirus.
**** gonna happen fast here.

R13...

Honorary Master
View attachment 800793
meanwhile the lines at US airports as people wait to get tested on arrival
Don't results take a day or more from testing to availability? Unless these people are testing to reduce quarantine time I'm not sure it helps. Besides which crowding like that means you join the queue Corona free but come out the other side incubating.

chrisc

Executive Member
People older than me have survived. If I go to hospital, it will be a nuisance

I called my local Medi-Clinic to enquire about a test. They do not do it and referred me to the Dept of Health. They in turn referred me to my local doctor

100% fail

The mediclinic also take 45 mins to answer the phone (the call is answered and I am no 1 in the queue). I called Netcare to ask them what was wrong. They do not know and undertook to call me back. This was Thursday

Poor show I'd say

Netcare said the test is "about R1200" and my hospital plan will pay if I am positive.