International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 2

AirWolf

Honorary Master
It's definitely true that the US has done the highest number of tests overall although it's poor on a per capita basis. We should see further increases in test capacity this week.

See here: https://covidtracking.com/data/
Cool - that shows the number of tests as well - this one does not:

Numbers are more recently update on the second one though - interesting to see New York alone has almost the same number of cases as Germany which lies in 5th on the country stats with 60k cases.

Herr_SturmGeist

OK Foods in the Strand sent out an anonymous SMS (has to scour facebook to find who sent it out) in all caps, informing everyone of the same 'rule'. It supposedly came from instruction of the police, face mask or covering or GTFO.

I am fine with a face covering, but a mask is a stupid requirement and not practical as they ain't available anywhere.
Weird how they didn't bat an eye when I went there this afternoon after my upset with the Spar

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Looking at https://covidvisualizer.com/

I can't help but notice that generally the worst affected countries just happen to be those with the best testing capabilities.

Then you have a country like India - 902 active cases as of this post.
:unsure:
Can't report on what you haven't tested. Are they reporting how many tests they are performing daily (India)?

Flanders

Honorary Master
Can't report on what you haven't tested. Are they reporting how many tests they are performing daily (India)?
I'm really not sure. I can only imagine though that the true number of cases there must surely be staggering.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I am so glad I don't have facebook or twitter. I don't even want to know how much utter shyte is being posted on those platforms.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I'm really not sure. I can only imagine though that the true number of cases there must surely be staggering.
Quick Google search tells me that they have the capacity to test 10 000 a day. Not going to share links here because I am not sure if what they claim is true or not...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I am so glad I don't have facebook or twitter. I don't even want to know how much utter shyte is being posted on those platforms.
You're missing out. Both are great in specific ways. Twitter is the best place to get customer support from many companies, and Facebook has amazing private groups in various professional fields and for specific platforms/products.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Among the deaths: a 42-year-old woman in Arkansas with no pre-existing health condition (and who had never been hospitalized before, according to her sister) who felt "a little sick" on March 15 and thought it to be a cold or a sinus infection. After developing shortness of breath and cough that wouldn't go away, she was admitted to the hospital on March 24 and tested positive to Covid-19. She was put on a ventilator in ICU and, after 4 days (on Saturday, March 28), she died.

Hectic

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
You're missing out. Both are great in specific ways. Twitter is the best place to get customer support from many companies, and Facebook has amazing private groups in various professional fields and for specific platforms/products.
Recently started using Twitter - if you limit who you follow and block the **** that has no appeal it is okay.