International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 2

skimread

Executive Member
Except the vid in post #4021 says China has massively under reported deaths.
Still time will show an undemocratic communist system combined with mass CCTV surveillance face recognition has its advantages.

Alan

Honorary Master
Why is there such a massive jump in France's new number of infected then? Do the nursing homes deaths turn into infected zombies afterwards? :ROFL:

If they had zero infections the number of infected they added in 1 day alone would put them 9th in the all time list of total infections. That is how big a jump they had.
Apologies I misread. Dunno about new infections but the number of deaths is because of nursing home fatalities now being counted.

Hackers working in the interests of the Iranian government have attempted to break into the personal email accounts of staff at the World Health Organization during the coronavirus outbreak, four people with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

It is not clear if any accounts were compromised, but the attacks show how the WHO and other organizations at the center of a global effort to contain the coronavirus have come under a sustained digital bombardment by hackers seeking information about the outbreak.

Reuters reported in March that hacking attempts against the United Nations health agency and its partners had more than doubled since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis, which has now killed more than 40,000 worldwide.

The latest effort has been ongoing since March 2 and attempted to steal passwords from WHO staff by sending malicious messages designed to mimic Google web services to their personal email accounts, a common hacking technique known as “phishing,” according to four people briefed on the attacks. Reuters confirmed their findings by reviewing a string of malicious websites and other forensic data.

Iran reported deaths continue to be between 100 and 150. It's now been over 2 weeks. Not suspicious at all.

Reactions: air

wizardofid

Executive Member
Me thinks that once the dust has settled on all this virus talk, that certain Western Powers are gonna go a knockin' on China's door,

I think we will have a wee war after this...... :unsure:
After the nuclear dust settles.........we can have a braai.....

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Apologies I misread. Dunno about new infections but the number of deaths is because of nursing home fatalities now being counted.

Iran reported deaths continue to be between 100 and 150. It's now been over 2 weeks. Not suspicious at all.
I don't Iran has any means of accurately counting the number of dead and infected people.

krycor

Honorary Master
Me thinks that once the dust has settled on all this virus talk, that certain Western Powers are gonna go a knockin' on China's door,

Last time the world was in an economic depression there was a war.

US debt needs to be paid and if nothing changes their army is worthless as they simply won’t have the funds to keep any form of dominance while addressing healthcare/wellness which is being pushed as part of GDP as a measure of prowess.

So yah, more like the US needs a war but reality is, globally we don’t need the US in its current form. Americans are a net drain on the globe.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Well there will be no one left to gloat and tell you, you were wrong :D,......but yeah very unlikely, I am more scared of the Japanese, they are ruthless.
They were ruthless during WW2 because of Shintosim, their belief in the Emperor was strong.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

US debt needs to be paid and if nothing changes their army is worthless as they simply won’t have the funds to keep any form of dominance while addressing healthcare/wellness which is being pushed as part of GDP as a measure of prowess.

So yah, more like the US needs a war but reality is, globally we don’t need the US in its current form. Americans are a net drain on the globe.
Humans are a net drain on the globe. Leave your own genocidal beliefs out of the debate. The World can solve all the problems by simply pressing the financial reset button. The entire financial system is just artificial anyway.

C4Cat

Executive Member

The USA isn't making many friends right now either.
A shipment of masks made by the US manufacturer 3M that was bound for Germany was diverted in Thailand and sent to the United States instead, the Financial Times reported on Friday.

The diversion of the 200,000 protective masks intended for healthcare workers and emergency staff members in Berlin was "an act of modern piracy," Andreas Geisel, Berlin's interior minister, told the Financial Times.

MiW

This is what I think. At least if a vaccine is not available in the next 3 months. We can't afford to not work as a nation.
'With other coronavirus strains, experts say the antibodies that patients produce during infection give them immunity to the specific virus for months or even years, but researchers are still figuring out if and how that works with COVID-19."

No one knows how long immunity lasts, since its to new.But from checking other coronaviruses, it can be as little as 3 months and max 2-3 years.So it will keep comming non stop, since people will be getting sick in different times.
If we bet on herd immunity , we either need to deal with collapsed medical system,and lose most of our doctors, or just let lots of people die in camps or locked at home...
What is your choice from the above?

reactor_sa

Executive Member

If we didn't have USA then likely most of the world would be a China state. It's bad enough that China manufacturing has most of the world by the balls.
Every democracy needs similar weight competition, including global democracy.