International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 2

Sl8er

Executive Member
Definitely won't try to change your mind. When one is certain they are right, and not willing to listen to new information or change ones opinion based on new evidence, it is pointless to argue.
Correct.
And plus, I don't particularly like arguing with anyone. I'd much rather discuss shlt.
I'm not interested in being "right", I'm interested in figuring out the truth.

This is probably how it would go or end up:
You would show my stats and propaganda information / articles about how it's not the BLM riots protests.
I will show you the opposite. Some will defend your position, some might defend my position.
Insults might start -not necessarily from either you or me, but that's where the conversation might lead to.
The Orangeman will be bad -the worst, in fact.
And then everything would have gone for a ball of shlt in the end.

This is also the first time -I think- that I've ever typed those words on this forum (the 'you're not going to change my mind' part).
Now! You may not believe it, but I'm actually an open-minded person. Yeah, I know, given my previous post, the irony is totally not lost on me.
(I'm actually chuckling under my breath a little :) )

But the reality is that this is coming from 'Muricah...where everything mainstream 90% of the time has devolved into BS propaganda.
Where people walking shoulder to shoulder -some wearing masks, some not- will automatically 100% "kill grandma" if they express any other words
apart from "Black Lives Matter".

I'm not buying it -at least for now [insert fat julias breathing heavy meme here]- so it's best to nip it in the bud, move on...and not derail the thread...like I just almost sorta' did with this post :)

Paulsie

This is probably how it would go or end up:
You would show my stats and propaganda information / articles about how it's not the BLM riots protests.
I will show you the opposite. Some will defend your position, some might defend my position.
I read an interesting view on NBC News (of all places). The headline did say BLM protests haven't lead to spike in cases.

BUT

It also says that, because of all that was happening in the streets, the people who were not protesting were actually staying at home in much larger numbers than usual. Which is actually what offset the increase that would have been caused by BLM.

There is your middle of the road.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The first time I went to Washington on business I was astounded and amazed because everything worked in the US. Like a well oiled and maintained machine. Then I interacted with ordinary people in the street and realised how truly stupid and ignorant the average American actually is. After that the mystery was why does the place work when 98% of Americans are just stupid ignorant vegetables.

Last edited:

tetrasect

I read an interesting view on NBC News (of all places). The headline did say BLM protests haven't lead to spike in cases.

BUT

It also says that, because of all that was happening in the streets, the people who were not protesting were actually staying at home in much larger numbers than usual. Which is actually what offset the increase that would have been caused by BLM.

There is your middle of the road.
You mean this absolute joke of an article? This is some serious backwards thinking BS.

Of course the protests assisted in the transmission of the virus. It was not the only vector but it was one of them. Crowded beaches, massive pool parties, and so on as soon as stay at home orders were lifted was also a factor. People not wearing masks or social distancing, whatever. ANY behaviour that does not protect and prevent transmission will aid in the transmission of the virus.

Paulsie

You mean this absolute joke of an article? This is some serious backwards thinking BS.

I'm referring to this article and my argument is that it is pointless to argue pro or against as the numbers depend on multitude of factors, ie protests, stay at home, beaches, masks etc

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
More places go back to lockdown:

Spain locks down an area near Barcelona with 400,000 people after spike in coronavirus cases just as Britons prepare to head out there on long-awaited summer holidays

In certain postcodes in Melbourne, people will not be allowed out for any reason whatsoever!

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has announced an unprecedented total lockdown of nine public housing towers in Melbourne where residents will be confined to their homes for at least five days.

It comes as the state reported 108 new infections on Saturday - its second highest coronavirus daily total ever - as Mr Andrews announced he was extending stay-at-home orders for two further post codes.

High density public housing towers in 3031 (Flemington, Kensington) and 3051 (North Melbourne) will go into a 'hard' lockdown where residents will be barred from leaving their homes for any reason whatsoever.

'There will be no-one going in, other than residents who are returning home, and no-one will be allowed out of those public housing towers,' Mr Andrews said.

It's also worth watching NY in the States, as it had the highest daily test count since June 12 (guess constant protesting does that...)

chrisc

Executive Member
The first time I went to Washington on business I was astounded and amazed because everything worked in the US. Like a well oiled and maintained machine. Then I interacted with ordinary people in the street and realised how truly stupid and ignorant the average American actually is. After that the mystery was why does the place work when 98% of Americans are just stupid ignorant vegetables.
Yes, the ignorance is amazing. At a party in Virginia Beach with my host and his headmistress wife introduces one of her teachers. The lady asked where I was from because "you speak kinda funny". I told her South Africa. She thought a bit, then asked "Is there a North Africa". Apparently she had a college degree

I found its best to say I am from England. You know, that place with castles and all