International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetrasect

Expert Member
What I am not getting is why close restaurants and shops, when the so called second wave started after opening the schools and its admitted to be the reason.

Exactly. Reminds me of this pic:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
There will be lessons learnt from this, and I think lock downs will be looked at very differently next time around. Maybe not done away with, but certainly very differently.

Its also difficult to peg a lockdown level on a novel virus until you clearly understand whether you're dealing with a bad flu or the end of mankind...
The assumption behind your "I think ...." statement is that future generations bother to READ and digest what history has to teach.

There is zero chance of that happening ----- the World has NEVER learnt anything from history.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Probably BS, but might not be far from the truth, considering that during their lockdown if you were caught anywhere other than inside your own home you were sent to a concentration camp...
Probably the most effective way to isolate those with Covid 19 ---- and not have to worry about reporting deaths either.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The whole TB thing is a total sham. Using typical WHO logic to conclude that because there are significantly less TB cases being reported that must mean that there is actually a massive increase in cases and all of those unreported cases will die because of lack of treatment. So give us more money!

They even upped the number to 1.8 million deaths that "could happen". And this is now, half way through October!
So all the "unreported" (ie probably non-existent) TB cases magically survived without treatment but will all die in the next 2 months? What a load of BS!

Did they ever stop to think that the reason there are less TB cases is because the measures we use against Covid are equally if not even more effective against TB?
And TB is what sort of disease?

neoprema

Expert Member

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
We were once in 5th place
I see we have now dropped to 12th
We cannot even get a pandemic right :confused:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Quarantining healthy people (including those at school) is the dumbest thing in all this.
That it is indeed, but for some reason they keep driving this fear. Even our Twitter feeds people are genuinely thinking this is as bad as say the Spanish Flu.

flippakitten

Expert Member
One of the most fitting replies I found in there relating to Sweden
Examples of local councils are that people in the affected area should avoid traveling by public transport, refrain from traveling, refrain from visiting people in risk groups and in special forms of housing for the elderly, refrain from visiting restaurants, gyms or other indoor environments where people gather and if possible, avoid physical contact with people you do not live with.

Sounds like a lock down to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.