International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsme2

Whether masks work or not isn't the point. People feel scared of this thing, and masks make them feel safer. Safe enough to go out and spend money. That's what I care about. We need to do whatever we can to salvage the economy, and if wearing a mask helps this then I'll wear one.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Malema apparently saying at a news briefing the country should be moved back to lockdown Level 5

What is he smoking!?
Who knows but my 2 cents...

1.) The EFF profits from others misery. The more people lose their livelihoods due to a hard lock down and blame the ANC for it, the bigger their voter base becomes...

2.) They feed off of and capitalize on political instability.

3.) They want to appear to care

neoprema

Expert Member

1.) The EFF profits from others misery. The more people lose their livelihoods due to a hard lock down and blame the ANC for it, the bigger their voter base becomes...

also i'm sure Malema has a nice big share on the illegal alcohol and cigarette trade...
to join all his other illegal activities he's hiding from all his deluded voters.

MiW

Expert Member

Lock down lvl5 =More and higher grants.

flippakitten

Expert Member
Obviously a mask just for the fact it is some sort of cover over the mouth would contain "something" but the science is out on this entire issue and the states in USA alone that is conforming with complete mask mandate is hit with the highest covid19 confirmed cases. So either these mostly blue states are just unlucky or it just shows that masks does not improve anything and whatever sneeze you might put into the mask still travels out of it quite easily.

Case in point, I went to get a haircut and had my N95 masks snug yet at the end of the haircut I still have a mouth full of hair as if I didn't wear a mask so if hair can so easily still make it through I don't see how it would manage to prevent biological sht to get through with ease.

I've donned many N95 masks and
A) I didn't die of smoke inhalation
B) My mouth was still clean while my face was black, with soot being a lot smaller than hair
C) Didn't pass out inhaling toxic chemicals

I think you're either making that up or should watch the video below.

flippakitten

Expert Member
We have to let go of the faery tale. More than 80% of infections are asymptomatic. They're not coughing or sneezing. Please explain how the mask is preventing them from shedding the virus.

I think you maybe mixing up asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic and the last I saw about it (way back in June/July) was asymptomatic ranged between 6% and 41% with the lowest study showing only about 9% people remained completely asymptomatic.

Haven't seen anything recently with the higher testing levels so I can't say now but I highly doubt it jumped to 80%. If you do have some info on it I would love to read it.

flippakitten

Expert Member
Malema apparently saying at a news briefing the country should be moved back to lockdown Level 5

What is he smoking!?

Didn't the cigarette smuggler pay Juju's taxes, it's not hard to see why a ban on ciggies at level 5 would bode well for a criminal.

flippakitten

Expert Member
Whether masks work or not isn't the point. People feel scared of this thing, and masks make them feel safer. Safe enough to go out and spend money. That's what I care about. We need to do whatever we can to salvage the economy, and if wearing a mask helps this then I'll wear one.

At this point I wear a mask, wash my hands and social distance to help reduce the rate of spread so the hospitals don't fill up with old people too quickly.

flippakitten

Expert Member
On another note, we went to an indoor restaurant without an indoor play area for the first time in years and I have to say

Socially Distanced seating is absolutely fantastic, I can push my chair back and not hit the person behind me.

There's also the bonus of of not having people pressed up against you in the shopping queues.

buka001

Executive Member
Obviously a mask just for the fact it is some sort of cover over the mouth would contain "something" but the science is out on this entire issue and the states in USA alone that is conforming with complete mask mandate is hit with the highest covid19 confirmed cases. So either these mostly blue states are just unlucky or it just shows that masks does not improve anything and whatever sneeze you might put into the mask still travels out of it quite easily.

Case in point, I went to get a haircut and had my N95 masks snug yet at the end of the haircut I still have a mouth full of hair as if I didn't wear a mask so if hair can so easily still make it through I don't see how it would manage to prevent biological sht to get through with ease.
Kuk

You either did not have an N95 mask or wore it so poorly, you could park a bus in the gap between it and your face.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
On another note, we went to an indoor restaurant without an indoor play area for the first time in years and I have to say

Socially Distanced seating is absolutely fantastic, I can push my chair back and not hit the person behind me.

There's also the bonus of of not having people pressed up against you in the shopping queues.

might be fantastic but less customers hits all the staff and eventually the customer ...... Busted economy for more space, yay

John Tempus

Expert Member
I've donned many N95 masks and
A) I didn't die of smoke inhalation
B) My mouth was still clean while my face was black, with soot being a lot smaller than hair
C) Didn't pass out inhaling toxic chemicals

I think you're either making that up or should watch the video below.

I think you are always so conveniently acting on the side of what even science is now proving does not actually make people immune.

Keep peddling your snakeoil and live in fear, while you are at it why not wear a complete hazmat suite and make sure you dont wander close to poor people because you might get infected with poverty.

I made it clear that the most effective outcome of wearing a mask in this climate is to make others around you "feel" safe and I am perfectly fine with that. Just don't try and play the game that if everyone wears a mask suddenly no one would get infected, the virus doesn't give a fk and it will infect you with/without a mask.

John Tempus

Expert Member

Yes, its fantastic. In a few months that fantastic restaurant would have to close its doors because it cannot sustain itself with the occasional hipster like yourself seated there. Most restaurants right now is on life support just hoping things can open up before they run out of funds even though you somehow think its fantastic to have all that space all to yourself.

I got one word for your frame of mind, DISGUSTING.

Last edited:

Paulsie

Expert Member
Spittle caught in a laser beam, mask/no mask:

You should really be asking yourself why this is even a question. The fact that this video has to exist is evidence of the astonishing stupidity of the pandemic 'truthers.'
A late reply but have they done a comparison between sneezing with a mask on and sneezing into one's tightly closed elbow covered with one's clothing??
Like something that used to be a good habit before this covid thing came round??
Just saying...

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
At this point I wear a mask, wash my hands and social distance to help reduce the rate of spread so the hospitals don't fill up with old people too quickly.
You forget that you wear a mask to protect yourself against the Don's goons as well

Paulsie

Expert Member
Somewhat concerning report about rapid decline in antibodies:
Declining antibodies have nothing to do with declining immunity and virus memory (ie T-cells). Having antibodies means your body has recently been exposed to threat and had to protect itself. When no longer under threat, antibodies decline but memory stays. Unless of course the new threat looks different to the old one (ie mutation).

That's basic immunology that even elementary students understand

dabbler

Expert Member
Declining antibodies have nothing to do with declining immunity and virus memory (ie T-cells). Having antibodies means your body has recently been exposed to threat and had to protect itself. When no longer under threat, antibodies decline but memory stays. Unless of course the new threat looks different to the old one (ie mutation).

That's basic immunology that even elementary students understand
The last thing we need is for immunity achieved from a vaccine to last no longer than a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.