International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus that had not been previously identified in humans.

The virus causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever and in more severe cases, pneumonia. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently and avoiding touching your face.

HOW IT SPREADS

The new coronavirus spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze, or through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose.

A follow-on from the first thread here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-updates-discussion.1065794
Follow on from International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 2

Brian_G

Expert Member
A few weeks back I mentioned that I have relatives in Sydney who were telling me that mask-wearing had basically stopped for ages in their northern (and I think eastern) suburbs shopping centres. So why aren't they having a problem?

(Mask usage may have changed since with the latest fear alarms, don't know?)

Jola

Honorary Master
A few weeks back I mentioned that I have relatives in Sydney who were telling me that mask-wearing had basically stopped for ages in their northern (and I think eastern) suburbs shopping centres. So why aren't they having a problem?

(Mask usage may have changed since with the latest fear alarms, don't know?)

Once the Covid incidence drops to lower levels the masks become less important for most people.

Unless your path crosses one of the few remaining cases.

In this scenario, if people misbehave (ie raves, funerals, weddings, etc), it can pick up again. Which has happened in many places all over the world. Eg Sweden, at the moment. And USA. And Eastern Cape.

Brian_G

Expert Member
I get your point @Jola , however it makes no sense to me as the virus is too contagious to behave for any lengthy period in crowded areas.

In previous posts it was shown that cloth masks have very little protection effect with this. I'm just making the point for those like @MiW and some others who won't believe authorities can mislead us on a large scale.

Anyway, enough from me for now.

Brian_G

Expert Member
A law in Denmark that would have given the government the power to forcibly vaccinated people with a coronavirus vaccine has been abandoned after mass public protests for nine days.

MiW

Expert Member
I get your point @Jola , however it makes no sense to me as the virus is too contagious to behave for any lengthy period in crowded areas.

In previous posts it was shown that cloth masks have very little protection effect with this. I'm just making the point for those like @MiW and some others who won't believe authorities can mislead us on a large scale.

Anyway, enough from me for now.
It seems to be beyond your capability to grasp the viral load vs hospital admissions factors.

Brian_G

Expert Member
It seems to be beyond your capability to grasp the viral load vs hospital admissions factors.
Indeed, since it's the same story more or less for the bad flu's. But you know that already, were around when that was discussed more than twice.
Danger and difficulty does not equal maximum reaction emergency.

Paulsie

Expert Member
I can't reference your post (flu graph Japan) from discussion 2, but did you notice the flu deaths in Japan in 2018 were 3300, whereas the current covid deaths are only 1900?

MiW

Expert Member
I can't reference your post (flu graph Japan) from discussion 2, but did you notice the flu deaths in Japan in 2018 were 3300, whereas the current covid deaths are only 1900?
Yes, they also had close to no flu Jan-Feb (diamond princes timeline ), mostly because of the covid precaution

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Yes, they also had close to no flu Jan-Feb (diamond princes timeline ), mostly because of the covid precaution
You still can't draw the conclusion that you would add the two numbers together if there were no covid precautions. A more logical conclusion would be that there would have been a large overlap between people who would have died from flu and people that died from covid. But that also is a conclusion that you cannot infer from the data at hand.

We wont know until covid and seasonal; flu exist together with no covid precautions in place.

MiW

Expert Member

MiW

Expert Member
?
There never has been long term immunity for the sniffles.
The big shots claim SARS doesn't mutate as much as the other corona viruses, though they are not sniffles , so not sure what is it you are talking about.

Brian_G

Expert Member
What is COVID-19? A virus from the common cold family...
(Lots of links available to complement the point.)

But was still interesting reading.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Whatever happened to antitrust laws around the world??

I mean, you have 3 companies (FAG) controlling all online media, you have 3-4 corporations controlling 90% of global media...
Not trying to drive you mad @MiW , but at least try to see with everything added up why we have grave doubts.

MiW

Expert Member
Not trying to drive you mad @MiW , but at least try to see with everything added up why we have grave doubts.
I am not interested in main stream media, sometimes I quote them for a easier to read news, but personally I prefer to read the actual source(covid related).