International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

Why India is certainly undercounting deaths, the Poms are definitely overcounting:

No10 includes anyone who has died from any cause within 28 days of a positive test. It means patients who succumb to cancer, suffer a heart attack or get hit by a car within four weeks of testing positive for the virus would make it into the statistics. When a high number of people are being tested for Covid – about a million per day at the moment – some of them will inevitably die of other causes regardless of their test result.

MiW

Expert Member
Why India is certainly undercounting deaths, the Poms are definitely overcounting:

Its a stupid way to count , lots of people take more than 28 days to die to. There is another stat in UK pointing to Covid on the death certificate as a primary reason, and thats around 20k more people if I remember correctly

Paulsie

Expert Member
Lots of vaccines VS no vaccines. Please note the date of both peaks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422_182856_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422_182856_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20210422_182810_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422_182810_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 37

Dave

Honorary Master
Lots of vaccines VS no vaccines. Please note the date of both peaks.

You love twisting things to somehow support your viewpoint, don’t you?

Heading should be “Not lots of vaccines VS no vaccines”.

UK vaccinations were only in the beginning stages at the beginning of January...

Paulsie

Expert Member
You love twisting things to somehow support your viewpoint, don’t you?

Heading should be “Not lots of vaccines VS no vaccines”.

UK vaccinations were only in the beginning stages at the beginning of January...
I'm not twisting anything, simply making direct comparison of opposites one next to the other, showing identical peak at identical times with identical reduction rate.

As to the UK vaccinations, so far 33 million have had at least 1 vaccine and everyone over 50 (risk category) has already had one. I call that pretty darn good.

Just because you don't like the comparison result doesn't mean Im twisting anything.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I'm not twisting anything, simply making direct comparison of opposites one next to the other, showing identical peak at identical times with identical reduction rate.

As to the UK vaccinations, so far 33 million have had at least 1 vaccine and everyone over 50 (risk category) has already had one. I call that pretty darn good.

Just because you don't like the comparison result doesn't mean Im twisting anything.
Yup, only those buying into the hype are allowed to use the stats to support their arguments. When others do it without twisting anything they are accused of twisting the facts.

krycor

Honorary Master
So I’m watching the news out of India.. why? It’s an interesting case where electioneering and religious events took precedence resulting in the worst most rapid rate of infection globally reported.

Some places/towns have had a test positivity rate exceeding 50%. What’s interesting is that it’s emerging that while the variants may play a role.. they may have their own one too.

Anyway I’m looking at the quiet period we going through and wondering if this is our calm before the storm later this year.

sand_man

Honorary Master
So I’m watching the news out of India.. why? It’s an interesting case where electioneering and religious events took precedence resulting in the worst most rapid rate of infection globally reported.

Some places/towns have had a test positivity rate exceeding 50%. What’s interesting is that it’s emerging that while the variants may play a role.. they may have their own one too.

Anyway I’m looking at the quiet period we going through and wondering if this is our calm before the storm later this year.
Here's a number to mull over, less than 150 million confirmed cases globally, out of close to 8 billion inhabitants. I'd really, really, really love to know how many unconfirmed cases globally?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

Fairly comprehensive background and charts:
India has seen a rapid rise in case numbers over the past month driven by lax safety protocols, a Hindu festival attended by millions and variants of the virus, including a "double mutant" strain. It was detected in 61% of samples tested in Maharashtra, according to the National Institute of Virology.

Huge election rallies - including by Prime Minister Narendra Modi - were also not halted in the state of West Bengal which has been holding elections in phases in recent weeks. The government has defended the decision to continue with the polling.

Unconstrained exponential growth:

_118154822_optimised-india_cases_deaths_22apr-nc-002.png

flytek

Lol...what bs? We were at 2000 covid deaths a day during the second wave peak with one 25th of the population. India could thus reach 50 000 deaths a day unless our average mass made the stats significantly worse for us.

Can hardly see Africa in that graph... :laugh:. I see BNO in one of the tweets said India and Brazil comprise 44 percent of the recorded cases.

Lol...what bs? We were at 2000 covid deaths a day during the second wave peak with one 25th of the population. India could thus reach 50 000 deaths a day unless our average mass made the stats significantly worse for us.

I think our max deaths during the height of the 2nd wave was 800 deaths, not 2000. Remember it has been confirmed that India is under-reporting deaths quite heavily (see my post a few pages back). I can see India reaching 5000 (recorded) deaths per day soon.