International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

buka001

Honorary Master
NHS now officially changes advice:

... only about 18 months delayed or so (referring to the outside bit). Yet locking everyone inside is still the standard response by many governments...
That is because 65% of the adult population is vaccinated.

What events occurred around the points I circled on the UK COVID graph, that resulted in the case numbers dropping?

And quite importantly, what happened at the point, where my crudely drawn arrow is pointing at, that caused the case numbers to fly up, after a short period of decline?
0d46473279e005ff215cac59ab471901.jpg

Lupus

Honorary Master
In about a year, the WHO will acknowledge this new transmission vector.
In the meantime, we just hope that someone finds a way to get flies to wear masks.
No man they need to keep their distance and sanitize.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
A study suggests that the Delta variant produces 1000X the viral load during early stages of the infection, and has a shorter incubation period (both would explain the significantly higher transmissiblity).

The Voice

Honorary Master
A study suggests that the Delta variant produces 1000X the viral load during early stages of the infection, and has a shorter incubation period (both would explain the significantly higher transmissiblity).

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because that's why COVID did so much damage: the long incubation period. Everyone getting it and being non the wiser, travelling, meeting with friends, going to events, and then 2 weeks later feeling like death AFTER they've already directly and indirectly infected thousands of other people.

krycor

Honorary Master
I see riots from Australia(lockdowns) to Europe(vaccine passport) and I dunno whether to laugh particularly at the Europeans or cry about the stupidity of humanity.

In the meantime across their pond the UK stats with vaccines show why you should get it.

IMG_7812.png

krycor

Honorary Master
So with Aus dependent on the US et al for supply of Pfizer will they now admit they were dumb not to support more localized production? That’s what I wonder.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So with Aus dependent on the US et al for supply of Pfizer will they now admit they were dumb not to support more localized production? That’s what I wonder.
Localised production moves a transport problem from the end to the beginning of the process.

It does NOT require giving up patents! Has coke ever given up their recipe?

Paulsie

Expert Member
Spoke to my sister in law who is in Aus the other day. According to her it's not the shortage vaccines but shortage of interest amongst population. Apparently because of their isolation, people have just not felt the effects of covid. As such they don't really see a reason to vaccinate.

Australians, you ready to admit that you are being played?

Mr Morrison was pressed further on the request from NSW for additional vaccines from other states and territories.

He says he doesn't want it in "anyone's mind that it replaces the principal tool, which is the lockdown".
"It's not a substitute for a lockdown. And you need to weigh up the effectiveness of that with the disruption to the broader vaccine program that could set other states and territories back some way in meeting their vaccination targets," he said.

"We need to get the whole country vaccinated. Those going through lockdowns, that's the principal way by which we're able to bring the Delta variant under control in those cities."

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Australians, you ready to admit that you are being played?

Mr Morrison was pressed further on the request from NSW for additional vaccines from other states and territories.

He says he doesn't want it in "anyone's mind that it replaces the principal tool, which is the lockdown".
Hilarious. An entire country that thinks vaccines are an alternative to LDs! The LDs are the principal and ain tool against fighting SARS COV 2
So do we call the entire AUS nation and government "anti-vax"?