International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

lumeer

Expert Member
No no, expensive drugs with trials only done by the manufacturers thereof will be a-ok for the vaccine zealots around here :thumbsup:
With new medicines for which the manufacturer is seeking regulatory approval, it is generally the case that the trials get funded by the manufacturer. There simply isn't the money or resources for other parties to run clinical trials on experimental medicines.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
With new medicines for which the manufacturer is seeking regulatory approval, it is generally the case that the trials get funded by the manufacturer. There simply isn't the money or resources for other parties to run clinical trials on experimental medicines.
There is always funds available if the will to do something is there. The problem ius there is no will and desire to do trials on repurposed drugs when you can screw the world with new ones.

lumeer

Expert Member
There is always funds available if the will to do something is there. The problem ius there is no will and desire to do trials on repurposed drugs when you can screw the world with new ones.
Old medicines get tested for new conditions all the time. Over the past year, there have been dozens of studies on things like ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, and fluvoxamine, for the treatment of Covid.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Old medicines get tested for new conditions all the time. Over the past year, there have been dozens of studies on things like ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, and fluvoxamine, for the treatment of Covid.
But NOT by big pharma.

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Yeah, kinda crazy right....

The US Government: Is your product safe?
Pfizer: Absolutely. We tested it.
The US Government: Excellent. We believe you.

tetrasect

Expert Member

Not to mention the company that invented the drug holds the patent rights, so what benefit would an outside party have in doing experiments on a drug that they have no stake in?

tetrasect

Expert Member
Yeah, kinda crazy right....

You obviously do not understand the difference between doing studies yourself and funding studies which are done by other people. No surprise there.

And as for you @Geoff.D, I hope you were laughing at Soldierboy, not laughing because you actually bought into his falsehood.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You obviously do not understand the difference between doing studies yourself and funding studies which are done by other people. No surprise there.

And as for you @Geoff.D, I hope you were laughing at Soldierboy, not laughing because you actually bought into his falsehood.
Have not been able to read references yet today this tablet can't handle accessing them. Must wait until I can get Tony laptop again.

tetrasect

Expert Member
Have not been able to read references yet today this tablet can't handle accessing them. Must wait until I can get Tony laptop again.

Surely you do not need references to know that;
Is not how it works, right?

Or maybe you can tell me how you think it works? (no cheating with google)

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Surely you do not need references to know that;

Is not how it works, right?

Or maybe you can tell me how you think it works? (no cheating with google)
So? A bit of humour which unfortunately is sometimes spot on accurate.
Let's quote a recent case. Anyone remember the massive Boeing fiasco?
Or, the unbelievable crap going on with Merck and its total rejection of IVM as an antiviral? And the new expose posted today by RonSwanson?.
It does not matter what the "official" process is the irony is in the outcome so succinctly posted above.
Big pharma are not in the least clean in this whole business.
I would not be at all surprised if some really dirty stuff does not emerge in a few months.
But carry on living in your perfect dream world with the govt and big pharma spoon feeding you to believe everything they say and cover up with the words "trust us".

tetrasect

Expert Member
So? A bit of humour which unfortunately is sometimes spot on accurate.

Except that could be nothing further from the truth.

Let's quote a recent case. Anyone remember the massive Boeing fiasco?

Nothing to do with this.

Or, the unbelievable crap going on with Merck and its total rejection of IVM as an antiviral?

Because it does not work. A drug that works would result in a vast majority of studies confirming it's efficacy.

And the new expose posted today by RonSwanson?.

Dunno what you're talking about and neither does google, so I'll just assume it's this guy?

636058464185558674-parksandrec13.JPG

It does not matter what the "official" process is the irony is in the outcome so succinctly posted above.
Big pharma are not in the least clean in this whole business.
I would not be at all surprised if some really dirty stuff does not emerge in a few months.
But carry on living in your perfect dream world with the govt and big pharma spoon feeding you to believe everything they say and cover up with the words "trust us".

Yeah, thought so. You obviously replied with this obscurity because you do not know that after initial internal studies that show good results, the "big pharma" people actually contract other external parties to do studies to verify the results.

Just go ahead and check the names and affiliations of the people involved in the studies concerning the Pfizer vaccine.

Your constant mention of "big pharma" makes it seem like you watched the movie "dark waters", (which is evidence of extreme corruption in the industry), and as a result your distrust of big corporations somehow spilled over to these vaccines, with emotional transference being the only reason why.

Last edited: