International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

Paulsie

Expert Member
So in Alberta Canada, where over 70% of 12+ population has been vaccinated, cases continue to rise and new restrictions have been introduced.

For private indoor functions, only 10 vaccinated people can gather (from two separate households), but no unvaccinated are allowed.

In essence if you're unvaccinated, you're banned from visiting your family's birthday party..

BRILLIANT!!!

Mandatory restriction - Effective Sept 16.

Indoor social gatherings
Vaccinated: Indoor private social gatherings are limited to a single household plus one other household to a maximum of 10 vaccine-eligible, vaccinated people and no restrictions on children under 12.
Unvaccinated: Indoor social gatherings are not permitted for vaccine-eligible people who are unvaccinated.
Outdoor social gatherings
Outdoor private social gatherings limited to a maximum of 200 people, with 2 metre physical distancing at all times.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So in Alberta Canada, where over 70% of 12+ population has been vaccinated, cases continue to rise and new restrictions have been introduced.

For private indoor functions, only 10 vaccinated people can gather (from two separate households), but no unvaccinated are allowed.

In essence if you're unvaccinated, you're banned from visiting your family's birthday party..

BRILLIANT!!!

I like how you're cherry picking there

"The province warned this week that its ICU capacity was strained, with more people requiring intensive care than any other point during the pandemic – nearly all of them unvaccinated."

Paulsie

Expert Member
I like how you're cherry picking there

"The province warned this week that its ICU capacity was strained, with more people requiring intensive care than any other point during the pandemic – nearly all of them unvaccinated."
Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated? Which is higher?

According to the province’s chief medical officer of health, roughly 90% of people in the ICUs are unvaccinated or partly vaccinated.
Also, previously the now non-relevant heard immunity was set at 60-70%. Now 70+% of population is vaccinated yet ICUs are still under strain??

Lupus

Honorary Master
Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated? Which is higher?

Also, previously the now non-relevant heard immunity was set at 60-70%. Now 70+% of population is vaccinated yet ICUs are still under strain??
Once again, being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get the virus, but being unvaccinated gives a far larger chance of ending up in hospital, which is the case in Alberta Canada at the moment. So they are panicking as most places do and throwing more restrictions.
A lot of other countries are slowly getting back to normal thanks to Vaccines, be anti-vaccine that's fine, but remember to accept the risks if you do get sick.

flytek

We'll be getting back to normal soon ourselved thanks to some 80% having already been infected and 15% vaccinated.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Once again, being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get the virus, but being unvaccinated gives a far larger chance of ending up in hospital, which is the case in Alberta Canada at the moment. So they are panicking as most places do and throwing more restrictions.
A lot of other countries are slowly getting back to normal thanks to Vaccines, be anti-vaccine that's fine, but remember to accept the risks if you do get sick.
No, I'm asking about the contribution to hospitalizations amongst the PARTLY vaccinated (counted as unvax) that were infected within the first two weeks after their vaccination?

Lupus

Honorary Master
No, I'm asking about the contribution to hospitalizations amongst the PARTLY vaccinated (counted as unvax) that were infected within the first two weeks after their vaccination?
Sadly they aren't vaccinated, it takes a few weeks.

Seven_Nine_Eight

England's Technical Briefing report 23 is out.
I generated the following image using data from briefings 18-23:
18-23.png
Boxes A1 and A2: For reports 20 and 21 it showed that under 50 vaccinated were more likely to die when infected when compared to under 50 unvaccinated and infected. This has now normalized. The difference between reports 23 and 22 show that under 50 unvaccinated are almost 2x more likely to die when infected when compared to under 50 vaccinated and infected. So that is good news.

Box B: It looks like the Delta variant is starting to wane and undetermined variants are starting to become more prevalent.

Box C: This article (likely undergoing peer-review at present) suggests that if the Delta variant gains 4 additional mutations then it will likely cause ADE and bypass the current vaccines. This is the first time that UK data show ALL four of these mutations are now present in England. This does not mean they are all simultaneously present in a particular virus. All it shows that it is becoming more likely that Delta4+ might become a problem. It is something to monitor.

Attachments

• 18-23.png
    18-23.png
    480.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Mirai

Expert Member

BRILLIANT!!!

I think not going to some birthday party is a low price to pay for a guarantee that you will get a bed in hospital if you get a heart attack or end up in a serious car accident.

There is rationing of health care across various North American states and countries. Unvaccinated folks are partially responsible for that.

People have become soft. They make a big deal out of not being able to go to a party for the time being because of a temporary spike in cases.

Mirai

Expert Member
England's Technical Briefing report 23 is out.
I generated the following image using data from briefings 18-23:
View attachment 1149618
Boxes A1 and A2: For reports 20 and 21 it showed that under 50 vaccinated were more likely to die when infected when compared to under 50 unvaccinated and infected. This has now normalized. The difference between reports 23 and 22 show that under 50 unvaccinated are almost 2x more likely to die when infected when compared to under 50 vaccinated and infected. So that is good news.

Box B: It looks like the Delta variant is starting to wane and undetermined variants are starting to become more prevalent.

Box C: This article (likely undergoing peer-review at present) suggests that if the Delta variant gains 4 additional mutations then it will likely cause ADE and bypass the current vaccines. This is the first time that UK data show ALL four of these mutations are now present in England. This does not mean they are all simultaneously present in a particular virus. All it shows that it is becoming more likely that Delta4+ might become a problem. It is something to monitor.

Here's a criticism of your ADE article.

Paulsie

Expert Member
I think not going to some birthday party is a low price to pay for a guarantee that you will get a bed in hospital if you get a heart attack or end up in a serious car accident.

There is rationing of health care across various North American states and countries. Unvaccinated folks are partially responsible for that.

People have become soft. They make a big deal out of not being able to go to a party for the time being because of a temporary spike in cases.
The government has prevented the unvaccinated from attending family functions. Yes, people have become soft - in their heads, f they think this is acceptable.

Each and every single day I think this cannot get worse, yet somehow this continues and people are obliging.

Mirai

Expert Member
The government has prevented the unvaccinated from attending family functions. Yes, people are soft - in their heads if they think this is acceptable.

The government has to make sure hospitals are open. People in CA know this. When there is a snowstorm or a hurricane in the lower part of NA, gov puts in restrictions.

FDA votes against giving everyone over 16 a booster shot. Fantastic news, the case for it was basically BS made up by the pharmaceutical companies.

3:30 p.m.: The committee voted on this question, with the intent to make revisions to the question if it did not pass so it is not the final word.

The question:

Do the safety and effectiveness data from clinical trial C4591001 support approval of a COMIRNATY booster dose administered at least 6 months after completion of the primary series for use in individuals 16 years of age and older?

The vote: 3 Yes 16 No 0 Abstain

Dave

Honorary Master
Fantastic news, the case for it was basically BS made up by the pharmaceutical companies.

fck that, I want my Pfizer booster!

I don’t care that some poor tribe somewhere dusty hasn’t had a vaccination yet. I’m sure given time they can have all the Sinovac they want.

Paulsie

Expert Member
fck that, I want my Pfizer booster!

I don’t care that some poor tribe somewhere dusty hasn’t had a vaccination yet. I’m sure given time they can have all the Sinovac they want.
I'm sure you can go back for seconds..