International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

Temujin

Honorary Master

surface

Honorary Master
The UK has one of the highest Covid rates in the world right now: Here's why

erm..
Thankfully, the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths have been rising at a much slower rate than earlier in the pandemic, largely due to Covid vaccines being highly effective at preventing severe infection, hospitalization and deaths.
1634648829093.png

Markd

Expert Member
Pandemic of the double vaxxers. Get your boosters so we can return to normal.

They have pretty much returned to normal. In England they are no longer advising people to work from home, there is no legal requirement for face coverings/masking, there are no social distancing rules in place (go watch some Premier League football to confirm), and they haven't enforced vaccination passports.

So yes, guess what, lots of people are getting COVID because they have gone back to normal. But because literally every at-risk person has been vaccinated, the numbers of death have remained low. This status quo is acceptable to the government, so on they go.

The risk is where a country like South Africa tries to emulate this behaviour by welcoming international travel, taking things to Level 1 etc. but maintaining a very LOW level of vaccination. We'll get smacked in a few months time with many deaths and new lockdowns.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
They have pretty much returned to normal. In England they are no longer advising people to work from home, there is no legal requirement for face coverings/masking, there are no social distancing rules in place (go watch some Premier League football to confirm), and they haven't enforced vaccination passports.

So yes, guess what, lots of people are getting COVID because they have gone back to normal. But because literally every at-risk person has been vaccinated, the numbers of death have remained low. This status quo is acceptable to the government, so on they go.

The risk is where a country like South Africa tries to emulate this behaviour by welcoming international travel, taking things to Level 1 etc. but maintaining a very LOW level of vaccination. We'll get smacked in a few months time with many deaths and new lockdowns.
Or, and here's radical thought, this virus, like so many in others in the past just fades away to a few random cases here and there.

Markd

Expert Member
Or, and here's radical thought, this virus, like so many in others in the past just fades away to a few random cases here and there.

if you have any evidence to actually back that up I'd always be keen to read it.

Temujin

Honorary Master

'Pretty much normal' is not 'normal'. You anti-booster crowd and your excuses make me sick. Stop killing grandma, get your boosters so we can return to normal.

surface

Honorary Master
Your thought is so much radical that world never ever heard of it. Are you also a stable genius ? Close to 3 billion fully vaccinated. When most world gets vaccinated and "if" cases drop down, are you going to claim victory lap of 'I told you so' ?

flytek

Its amazing how everyone forgets how many in SA have antibodies despite the low vaccination rate. All those who have had it and survived (probably) 75% or more may well be better off without adding the vaccine risk no matter how hard everyone pushes them for whatever reason.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Its amazing how everyone forgets how many in SA have antibodies despite the low vaccination rate. All those who have had it and survived (probably) 75% or more may well be better off without adding the vaccine risk no matter how hard everyone pushes them for whatever reason.
Pity about those that didn't survive, also natural immunity means bubcus.

AdrianH

Expert Member
@Dave @The Voice @Sinbad

...and anybody else in UK, will you be going for booster in the coming months? I am under 50 and healthy, so I can't get one. It's a little concerning as my 2nd jab was June, so come the new year, my covid immune response will likely be down to 50% effectiveness. As I haven't heard anything by government, make me wonder what the plan is for the rest of us with regards to boosters.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Some graphs for UK, the first showing infections, the 2nd showing how hospital admissions have remained low even though infections are similar to the previous wave.
0bcc357357d511dae67ed3ad5a75ee99.jpg
bf96d5829e9e252c0e2d7681f6cb583d.jpg

flytek

Pity about those that didn't survive, also natural immunity means bubcus.
Your post appears to be bubcus.

"Natural immunity was estimated to be about 13 times stronger than having two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine."

flytek

Thats not how risk works
How exactly do risks work?

If you are already very well protected then why expose yoursrlf to potential vaccine injury or unknown long term risk that have yet to be tested as there is no long term data?