International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I guess we're going the same route as the flu vaccine now. Though, calling it a "flu" vaccine doesn't really help much, because the assumption is that you're totally protected against the "flu", but you're not, because there are around 200 variants of Influenza Type A (not including Type B, C or D). The shot given out each year is to protect you against the 4 deadliest A, B, C and D variants for that season alone (usually the ones in the news that are killing people).

So, understanding that the original COVID vaccines where designed in a hurry to protect us against the original strains, needing a booster for the new variants going forward makes complete sense. Just wondering whether or not they'll be able to do a 2-for-1 with the flu shot eventually?
Hopefully they don't combine the Covid vaccines with that flu rubbish because that will just increase the numbers refusing to get vaccinated against Covid.

NoLuck Chuck

I guess we're going the same route as the flu vaccine now. Though, calling it a "flu" vaccine doesn't really help much, because the assumption is that you're totally protected against the "flu", but you're not, because there are around 200 variants of Influenza Type A (not including Type B, C or D). The shot given out each year is to protect you against the 4 deadliest A, B, C and D variants for that season alone (usually the ones in the news that are killing people).

So, understanding that the original COVID vaccines where designed in a hurry to protect us against the original strains, needing a booster for the new variants going forward makes complete sense. Just wondering whether or not they'll be able to do a 2-for-1 with the flu shot eventually?
I've seen numerous reports that suggest that Covid-19 will become endemic. That will of course mean regular booster shots.

The Voice

Honorary Master
You scared of needles or something?

:p
Nah, I've had 4 MIs, and used to donate blood. Last thing I'm afraid of is needles. ;)

Just cba having to constantly go for injections - come up with a single shot for everything, like the flower vaccinations we used to get as kids.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Nah, I've had 4 MIs, and used to donate blood. Last thing I'm afraid of is needles. ;)

Just cba having to constantly go for injections - come up with a single shot for everything, like the flower vaccinations we used to get as kids.
My kids had to go for 5+ shots from 0-2 to cover the essentials,all in ones are tinted memories :laugh:

Speaking of the flowers,that was smallpox wasn't it?

Dave

Honorary Master

From what I’ve read they will want to jab one in each arm.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Which of these are mandatory in SA?
The schedule posted is the list of vaccines given to children subject to parental consent. There are no mandatory vaccines in SA as far as I am aware. It is just that before the damn flu vaccines started to be deployed, very few ever questioned the logic. And it is because many of us who fell for this flu vaccine rubbish, ended up with severe reactions that left us with what looks like a permanent violent reaction to vaccines after that.

Last edited:

flytek

I know there are no mandatory vaccines in SA...i was just blowing smoke up the rabid pro-vaxers skirts.
Flu vaccine rubbish eh...sounds eerily familiar...

Last edited:

access

Honorary Master
Yep,you only recall the 6/12years - like most people

The Antivaxxers are similarly pumped to the brim with delicious vaccines they have no clue about that likely spared them from disability/death

adverse drug reactions observed after administering all those you listed combined, over 40 years, is not as much as the adverse drug reactions observed after covid vaccination, in 1 year.

"the antivaxxers" the real antivaxxers, are a very small disperse group that got a lot of attention because of the official channels flip flopping one day after the next.

most people you label as "the antivaxxers" agree with all those things you listed, but do not trust this specific situation.

for instance, everyone* knows drinking water is healthy and they do, but they do not trust this one cup full of water thats being forced down their throat.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
I know there are no mandatory vaccines in SA...i was just blowing smoke up the rabid pro-vaxers skirts.
Flu vaccine rubbish eh...sounds eerily familiar...
Ah finally it makes sense..this explains your lack of education and common sense! Since the vaccines I listed are required for just about every school,you claiming none are mandatory means you must've been raised in a cave like the troll you portray

There is currently no legal requirement to vaccinate your child if you live in South Africa. You may, however, have a hard time getting your children into school if they haven’t had their immunisations. Most South African schools (state and private) ask for proof of immunisation when you enroll your kids.

flytek

Ah finally it makes sense..this explains your lack of education and common sense! Since the vaccines I listed are required for just about every school,you claiming none are mandatory means you must've been raised in a cave like the troll you portray
I checked with the school i intend to send my kid to...they said it is the parents choice...much like the goverment does...lets see some proof of your claim?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I checked with the school i intend to send my kid to...they said it is the parents choice...much like the goverment does...lets see some proof of your claim?
Yes I checked with my grandsons parents and a neighbour who still has kids at school and NO school can demand this as an attendance requirement.