International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

EvoX

Boris Johnson to set out new covid protocols today. Some are said to be quite extreme.

Turtle

Expert Member
But a blurry photo is "reliable source" of...something...not sure what though

Notice the hospital didn't say the photo is fake. That says everything we need to know. If that photo was fake they would have been blaring it from the ROOFTOPS and denying the photo's veracity. Their reaction reeks like textbook cover-up.

EvoX

Not for locals. Incoming will have to self-isolate and do PCR tests. For now.
Not so extreme. But that’s for other countries? SA is already blocked.
Locals must wear masks in shops and public transport.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Maybe the testing was done poorly or in sub standard labs. I see that many new labs popped up and offer C19 PCR. Maybe some of that is substandard. Maybe there is even corruption involved.
So what you're saying is testing is pointless, unless you actually have symptoms.

EvoX

Both cases trace back to South Africa and are connected, according to Javid.
It’s very coy though, he said “they have connections to Southern Africa.”
What does it even mean and is there a timeline or anything more specific.

dusi

First Australian cases of Omicron COVID-19 strain confirmed in Sydney travellers from southern Africa. The two positive cases are in isolation. Both people, who are fully vaccinated and were asymptomatic.

Anyone arriving from southern African countries is now required to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
You guys are missing some critical information, which is that PCR tests were NOT REQUIRED for travel from SA into Netherlands. Neither was vaccination a requirement. SA, with it's case numbers in the low hundreds was seen as an extremely low risk country and had even less restrictions imposed on it than European countries.
Proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test was required

Sinbad

Honorary Master
First Australian cases of Omicron COVID-19 strain confirmed in Sydney travellers from southern Africa. The two positive cases are in isolation. Both people, who are fully vaccinated and were asymptomatic.

Anyone arriving from southern African countries is now required to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days.

Both were people? I didn't realise animals were being tested...

Paulsie

Expert Member
Dr Angelique Coetzee – who is also board chairperson of the SA Medical Association (SAMA) and in a private practice in Pretoria – said, although the situation might change, the symptoms had not been serious so far.

"This is not only my own account. I consulted with other doctors in Atteridgeville, Midrand and so on, and they're seeing exactly what I am seeing. The symptoms are mild, and that's the most important message," she said.

Adding that things "might change", Coetzee said for now there seemed to be no serious symptoms being presented by patients.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member

EvoX

Again with the Southern Africa.