International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

LCBXX

Honorary Master
There has been and there has also been lockdowns, it just doesn't make front page news because everywhere else is so f'cked.
Are you aware that thw Chinese have reported a tenth our cases and a quarter of our deaths? Considering that they have a population 23x of ours, it's an incredible feat!

LCBXX

Honorary Master
And why is there a sudden surge of cases and hospitalizations all over the world, regardless of weather, season, mask wearing and lockdown?
I asked about China. Will you please try and stay on topic?

flippakitten

Expert Member

Brian_G

Expert Member
Whatever you're trying so hard to prove, not interested given your history. Maybe try again sometime.

flippakitten

Expert Member
Are you aware that thw Chinese have reported a tenth our cases and a quarter of our deaths? Considering that they have a population 23x of ours, it's an incredible feat!

I saw a twitter post about this, went something like:
Q: How do I maintain a 4.0 GPA while working two jobs.
A: Lie through my teeth.

In all seriousness, I can't comment on China's numbers because we simply don't know. All I've seen is a few black plague cases and a few lockdowns.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I saw a twitter post about this, went something like:
Q: How do I maintain a 4.0 GPA while working two jobs.
A: Lie through my teeth.

In all seriousness, I can't comment on China's numbers because we simply don't know. All I've seen is a few black plague cases and a few lockdowns.
Surely the fact that a County, from which this virus originated, with a population 23 times of our country, which has been able have 12 cases in the past 24 hours with 0 deaths, warrants a significant amount of attention?

Why isn't there? It seems like a massive oversight, given the seriousness of this global pandemic, yes?

MiW

Expert Member
Surely the fact that a County, from which this virus originated, with a population 23 times of our country, which has been able have 12 cases in the past 24 hours with 0 deaths, warrants a significant amount of attention?

Why isn't there? It seems like a massive oversight, given the seriousness of this global pandemic, yes?
What happens in China , stays in China.
Don't you know that?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Why the specific interest in China's "reporting"?
I'm curious as to why the entire western world is in a hysterical panic over second waves and super spreader events, whereas the Chinese, statistically, seems to have this situation under control?

Brian_G

Expert Member
I'm curious as to why the entire western world is in a hysterical panic over second waves and super spreader events, whereas the Chinese, statistically, seems to have this situation under control?
Okay, I get where you're going now.

flippakitten

Expert Member

China literally welded people into their homes, if the numbers are true, which I highly doubt, I don't think I would like their solution much nevermind the people that think masks are a muzzle.

Imagine the protests that would erupt if someone said:
This employee says that outsiders coming in must isolate to “become a normal person.” Only then can they rejoin society. The heart of China’s coronavirus response is, in short, infected until proven healthy.

edit: I had no clue and just Googled but my opnion about China was made up when they stopped reporting their numbers.

Brian_G

Expert Member

Great point, certainly MSM should be going ballistic about that. But nope.

flippakitten

Expert Member
Yes and so should the alternate media but nope, even less from them.
Even the western bloggers have either left china or become very quiet.

There is simply not a lot, if any information coming out of China apart from the offical data.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Not even a whisper from the criminal WHO, who should be pointing out to China that their lack of info is "especially now" adding to their concerns about new risks.
But I'm sure that will get explained away as well.

I'll step back now, no point in adding to the new circus.

flippakitten

Expert Member
Not even a whisper from the criminal WHO, who should be pointing out to China that their lack of info is "especially now" adding to their concerns about new risks.
But I'm sure that will get explained away as well.

I'll step back now, no point in adding to the new circus.

But China have been reporting their numbers.

We all know the numbers are most likely bull but WHO cannot go round accusing countries of lying. They haven't done it for Iran, they haven't done it for UK, they haven't done it for the US, they haven't done it for South Africa.