International COVID-19 Updates & Discussion 3

neoprema

Expert Member
His logic is flawed? The test strip is probably reacting incorrectly to the Coke because of a chemical reaction, which it was never designed to do. Its designed to have blood through it and react to whats in the blood which it would do.

throw battery acid over it and it will probably also show positive as it melts away...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I think I've finally been put on the ignored list, thank goodness, now i can debunk everythihng he says without being called a troll.

Anyway, the reason why mass vaccinations are important:

That is the good side of vaccinations and I support the use of vaccines like this. The difference is those vaccines have been decades in development and tested many times over. No one can say the same for flu vaccines and definitely not for the Covid vaccines!

noxibox

Honorary Master
His logic is flawed?
Completely flawed. It would be expected to have some reaction with other chemicals. There are bigger problems if somehow many tests are getting contaminated with Coke.

I'm yet to see a restaurant where people are crowded together. Every single one I've been to have had open tables in between patrons and social distancing enforced.
So what is the relative risk, indoors versus outdoors? Funny how it is perfectly fine to sit for hours in a loud restaurant. Suddenly no masks is all fine.

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
Completely flawed. It would be expected to have some reaction with other chemicals. There are bigger problems if somehow many tests are getting contaminated with Coke.

So what is the relative risk, indoors versus outdoors? Funny how it is perfectly fine to sit for hours in a loud restaurant. Suddenly no masks is all fine.

Both are risky if people are in close proximity, and anyone entering a full restaurant is an idiot.

MiW

Expert Member
Apologies for the following post as not related to covid. I however feel this will add to our current discussions re media, content moderation etc. The below relates to Zero Hedge. And regardless of what some may think about this page, it shows that social media hegemony has power over information flow of even the most ardent opponents.
1607861448521.png
While often labeled as a financial permabear,[22][23] Zero Hedge has also been described as a source of "cutting-edge news, rumors and gossip in the financial industry".[24]

Over time, Zero Hedge expanded into non-financial analysis,[c] including conspiracy theories and fringe rhetoric[26] that has been associated with the US radical right[13][27] and a pro-Russian bias.

Just reading this description , between far right and pro Russian. And people here think somehow that this is a free media?

Far right is as bad as far left, and they both are very similar in some things( as shown by the regular coalitions they go into)

Very interesting article about some of the dodgy test results in the UK. Especially concerning is that this involves the 'gold standard' PCR tests and not the recently introduced rapid tests.

MiW

Expert Member
“We have a Nordic co-operation model for emergency preparedness in health care and we have signed on to help each other in a crisis,” Sandwall said.
Good they have someone to fix their crisis.

So even well-run & wealthy countries like Germany are struggling....very harsh restrictions compared to SA. Just shows the futility of it all.

- All non-essential shops closed
- No indoor dining
- No fireworks
- No alcohol

Dan C

Honorary Master
So even well-run & wealthy countries like Germany are struggling....very harsh restrictions compared to SA. Just shows the futility of it all.

- All non-essential shops closed
- No indoor dining
- No fireworks
- No alcohol
No fireworks... That's a bummer.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Just reading this description , between far right and pro Russian. And people here think somehow that this is a free media?

Far right is as bad as far left, and they both are very similar in some things( as shown by the regular coalitions they go into)
Correction, regardless of who owns what, who's in coalition with whom, people were free to read or people were free to go.
More importantly though, people were free to post comments regardless of how politically incorrect, insensitive or offensive they were. Other people were free to read, ignore or chose note to visit ZH at all. That is true freedom and that is is what Google put a stop to.

Paulsie

Expert Member
No, these restrictions WILL help bring numbers down again and will make thing OK again. For two moths. Then we're onto the 3rd wave in spring, more lockdowns and more restrictions.