International download speed: 1000/100 vs 200/200 Vumatel

michnieuwoudt

Hi,

I'm interested to know what is the fastest international bandwidth available. I see that the 1000/100 says that international download is 100 only.
What is the status for the upload and the same figures for the 200/200?

Thanks,
M

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi there, the 100Mbps international proviso is only there for the case the service gets abused. So we don't limit it currently, but it only has 100Mbps upload vs the 200/200 having 200 up obviously.

michnieuwoudt

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
To be crystal then:
If you want higher international downloads, the 200/200 is faster?
If you want higher local downloads, the 1000/100 is faster?

Background: I was with Webafrica for years. I was on their 300/100 and happy. Like Goose, I then felt the need for more speed and moved to Coolideas 1000/100, but was disappointed with the download speed. So I moved to the 200/200 and still did not feel a difference.
So now I'm wondering if I shouldn't move back to WA...

Thanks,
M

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
To be crystal then:

Background: I was with Webafrica for years. I was on their 300/100 and happy. Like Goose, I then felt the need for more speed and moved to Coolideas 1000/100, but was disappointed with the download speed. So I moved to the 200/200 and still did not feel a difference.

Thanks,
M
Hi
My experience on CISP is that you will get maybe 500-600mbps international speedtests on a 1gb account.

michnieuwoudt

Hi
My experience on CISP is that you will get maybe 500-600mbps international speedtests on a 1gb account.

:unsure: - Sheesh - that hasn't been mine by a long shot. That's why I'm trying to figure out what the expectations should be.
Thanks for your reply.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
To be crystal then:

Thanks,
M

"Hi there, the 100Mbps international proviso is only there for the case the service gets abused. So we don't limit it currently, but it only has 100Mbps upload vs the 200/200 having 200 up obviously. "

So we havent applied any limits as yet, as per the above, IE 1Gbps and 200Mbps have the same level of access to the network the line is the only limiter.

If you are unhappy then drop me your support ticket to investigate for you.

Last edited:

razed

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
To be crystal then:

Thanks,
M

The 1Gbps service is superior :cool:

10045571111.png

You obviously need to make sure you have good enough hardware to handle it...

michnieuwoudt

@michnieuwoudt: International download speeds on 200/20 and 1000/100 compared. Download on 200/200 should be the same.
Cool Ideas on Vumatel trenched.

9825654942.png

9932100910.png

Thanks a stack!
That's the question I wanted to be answered.
The above speeds were not my experience at all.

Now that I have an expectation, I can start fault finding.

Thanks again.

Chris888

@razed @ginggs how are you gentleman getting those speeds?

I have had the 1Gbps service for a few weeks now and haven't seen anything like that. Best I have got is 400Mbps and that is to Randburg 12 km's away.

What hardware do you have?

Thanks!

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I have had the 1Gbps service for a few weeks now and haven't seen anything like that. Best I have got is 400Mbps and that is to Randburg 12 km's away.

My router is a MiroTik hAP ac²

Wired gigabit Ethernet

Gambit

Expert Member

Thanks!

Are you connecting via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable to your router?

Chris888

Thanks ginggs. Do you have any particular MTU or NAT settings I should be aware of?

I have an ASUS RT-AC86U which cost a fair amount and I think should be comparable to the MiroTik?

I am connecting directly with Ethernet cable. It shows a 1 Gbps network connection. Just ran the Ookla Speedtest again now. 350 Mbps :-(

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thanks ginggs. Do you have any particular MTU or NAT settings I should be aware of?

I have an ASUS RT-AC86U which cost a fair amount and I think should be comparable to the MiroTik?

I am connecting directly with Ethernet cable. It shows a 1 Gbps network connection. Just ran the Ookla Speedtest again now. 350 Mbps :-(
Is it aerial fibre or trenched? Typically this is a device limitation, try multiple PCs ideally. Upgrade NIC drivers etc.

razed

Thanks!

Using a Mikrotik CCR1036-8G-2S+ (overkill) on Vumatel Aerial in Northriding, wired GB ethernet.

Try testing using a different browser as well - in Firefox I currently get 950 Mbps+ but Chrome only gets me 500 Mbps - and I've also had the reverse, why I don't know. Also try swapping out your lan cable.

ngoni615

I am on 1Gbs with vox and i am loving it. Most international downloads are over 800megs depending on where you downloading it from. Steam, origin, uplay maxx out my connection max 960Mbps.... Currently they do not throttle international downloads, same as Coolideas. In the future i might migrate to Coolideas when i move to another house. I have been told if i intend to relocate, i need to cancel my fibre line and place a new order. I might go with Cool ideas this time around.

ngoni615

Using a Mikrotik CCR1036-8G-2S+ (overkill) on Vumatel Aerial in Northriding, wired GB ethernet.

Try testing using a different browser as well - in Firefox I currently get 950 Mbps+ but Chrome only gets me 500 Mbps - and I've also had the reverse, why I don't know. Also try swapping out your lan cable.
+this. Same here only difference is i am getting constant 950Mbps even on chrome but it is worth checking out cables and browsers too.

Style

Hey guys, is it possible that hardware like hard drives etc play a part and affect reaching the top speeds? Im on the Vumatel 1000/100 and while I get 500-700 ( with Chrome, a bit higher with Firefox) consistently it seems I dont get close to the magical mark (Cool Ideas standard issue Tplink C5). I have tested both local and international. Any tips or things I could look at? Im on Vuma Village Gpon network I think, and Fibre has just gone live in my area a week ago. Any insight would be appreciated! I just would like to know if its realistic or are my hopes just pie in the sky? :)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hey guys, is it possible that hardware like hard drives etc play a part and affect reaching the top speeds? Im on the Vumatel 1000/100 and while I get 500-700 ( with Chrome, a bit higher with Firefox) consistently it seems I dont get close to the magical mark (Cool Ideas standard issue Tplink C5). I have tested both local and international. Any tips or things I could look at? Im on Vuma Village Gpon network I think, and Fibre has just gone live in my area a week ago. Any insight would be appreciated! I just would like to know if its realistic or are my hopes just pie in the sky? :)
This is usually a network card thing, try updating or changing your drivers on your NIC.