International travel, when will you?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
When? Well I had a LSD trip to NZ booked and paid for just before lock down hit ...

NZ's slow tourist visa processing due to their Beijing office's covid closure got me to cancel and get refunds just before it was too late ... BUT the need to escape this shythole permanently has not subsided, if anything watching our bunch of inept power hungry fools navigate through it all made me extra desperate to GTFO asap!

Alas, if NZ is the destination then ZA opening up international flights makes no difference, will take a while longer before NZ opens up their border to us unwashed Saffa "tourists" again.

eg2505

Honorary Master
would love to have the cash to travel now while the airfares are rock bottom
especially someplace like Phuket or Cambodia

but yes, getting stuck overseas while a lockdown comes into effect isnt nice.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I am looking to take my son over the UK to visit the folks and then go for a bit of a road trip through Scotland, as soon as the international travel allows.

Unfortunately with the COVID breakouts in the UK (specifically Midwest England and Glasgow -where I will be going) seems it may be a while before I am able to see the folks :crying:

jax_maxit

I've booked my overseas flight for December. I will be staying with my sister and her hubby in their comfy guest bedroom. I'm not concerned about lockdown restrictions possibly being reintroduced because it will simply mean I stay there longer. If it were an Airbnb or hotel then I wouldn't risk the trip.

I am self employed so will start work again when I choose to. No company requirements to return to SA at a specific time. I can't wait for December!

MirageF1

Executive Member
I've booked my overseas flight for December. I will be staying with my sister and her hubby in their comfy guest bedroom. I'm not concerned about lockdown restrictions possibly being reintroduced because it will simply mean I stay there longer. If it were an Airbnb or hotel then I wouldn't risk the trip.

I am self employed so will start work again when I choose to. No company requirements to return to SA at a specific time. I can't wait for December!

Good luck, trust all goes well for you.
I am also returning to UK as soon as things return to a sense of normality/stability longer term, although my accommodation situation is more tenuous at this stage so won't risk a long lockdown with the v high cost of living overseas compared to here in SA, even though I am able to work freely.
Also, with 31 Dec and likelihood of a no Brexit agreement exit looming large,unhindered travel to EU will likely also become more costly/complicated.

Flew on sat, was bizarre... Like 5 planes on the tarmac and barely anyone in the terminal. Most shops etc closed.

Security and immigration took 30sec which was awesome.

Ridiculous covid rules tho, you're getting into the same bus and airplane but you have to social distance in the boarding queue... Nevermind the fact that everyone there has had a negative test.

Oh and we couldn't buy booze at duty free because it was a Saturday!

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Not any time soon. Things are getting way too intense in Europe.

So probably only in May or so if that

The Voice

Honorary Master
Only thing we have planned is our good friend's wedding in Italy next May.

WollieVerstege

Just came back from a week in Europe. Planning another trip in early December. For business purposes ofcourse.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
I wanna get my son out to Orlando for Christmas.

Dont think that will happen. The US embassy in SA is just dragging its heels on visas.

That aside, the US borders are pretty much shut to all "legal" entry ......

Arzy

Honorary Master
Well, still living in hope this side. Booked to passports for the kids and renewal for the wife on the second. Hopefully we can ue our vouchers in March or April.

Anthro

Expert Member
I wanna get my son out to Orlando for Christmas.

Dont think that will happen. The US embassy in SA is just dragging its heels on visas.

That aside, the US borders are pretty much shut to all "legal" entry ......
I believe after Nov 3rd it will get easier