Internet on your TV from Vodacom and MTN

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
mmm very nice I think. Especially Vodacom's device. Seeing that it uses Opera's compression tech...it will save on data costs a lot. Wonder if it is compatible with CRT TV's or is it just the newer ones?

MFour

Expert Member
What about affordable internet access first never mind devices.

Indeed!

Good idea especially for those that need internet access (like students) for research, etc, but cannot afford a PC. Unfortunately at the current data rates it will only bankrupt those very same people. So what's the point?

nelwa

Expert Member
I can understand surfing the web while lying in front of the tv, but browsing the web on the tv...how freakin boring can that be?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Guys...dont forget this product is not really aimed at people like me and you. It will be aimed mostly at the lower end of the market. Poeple that cant afford a laptop or PC, but who happens to havea TV already.

The Door

Honorary Master
This is great - it's affordable internet to the masses - you dont have to own a computer. My mom can watch 7de laan then do her gmail - nothing wrong with the idea! Cmon peeps, it's niche.

Of course affordable is relative to the component you are referring to...

TwoCents1000

I can understand surfing the web while lying in front of the tv, but browsing the web on the tv...how freakin boring can that be?
Of course you're going to find it boring when you have a couch, a TV, a smart-phone, an iPAD and a laptop and you can lie in front of the TV playing on your laptop / iPAD / smart-phone.

Ever crossed your mind you're not describing the vast majority of the population?

Try not be so narrow minded.

Tns

Executive Member
it sounds slightly better than the idea of a laptop very child, i wonder how far that ever went.... but 100meg is not enough

Stalker

Well have that already with a Shuttle connected to the TV, wireless mouse & keyboard - Shuttle networked to my ADSL :) Shuttle has all the music etc on it with access to all the PC's in the house