Internet on your TV from Vodacom and MTN

TwoCents1000

Great product, poor pricing- R750 per month is hardly the poor man's version of internet access. Also, in the same store you can get a galaxy tab that does more than this with more data for half the price per month? Am I missing something?

Yes

Abmis

They talked about the web browser compressing the web pages but how will this accomplish anything since to compress something you first have to have access to it. In other words the content will first have to be downloaded before it can be compressed. Maybe they have some way of caching content which is then sent to users in an already compressed format. Even if they do this it will not help for web sites that are dynamic since they change all the time and dont have a fixed URL.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
They talked about the web browser compressing the web pages but how will this accomplish anything since to compress something you first have to have access to it. In other words the content will first have to be downloaded before it can be compressed. Maybe they have some way of caching content which is then sent to users in an already compressed format. Even if they do this it will not help for web sites that are dynamic since they change all the time and dont have a fixed URL.

The compression is done by Opera's servers in Europe. So, you request the www.cnn.com page. The request is sent via Opera server. Cnn then sends the info back to the Opera server. Opera compresses it and then only sends it back to you at the reduced size.

Piesang

Executive Member
What's the specs of this thing?

Will I be able to use my CellC 2GB per month 7.2mbps sim in it?

saffakanera

Expert Member
go for it vodacom .... screw the poor a little more for their hard earn money. You are screwing the prapaid poor already.
I think there is a place in hell for you......
Dad we need the internet for my school work please. Sorry son no computer..... no dad vodascum will help us with everything for less that R800. then they screw us with R289 a gig

I wouldn't shed a single tear if the scumbuckets who defined those prices died in fiery car crashes.

OPPRESSIVE **** ****** **** ********* ******* ****S

H

Hlokzin9

Hi, I have a Sumsang BD- P1600 blu ray player and a Telkom router B315. The internet fails as I continuously get a message Fails at "Internet Service Test". Can anyone help with a solution.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Hi, I have a Sumsang BD- P1600 blu ray player and a Telkom router B315. The internet fails as I continuously get a message Fails at "Internet Service Test". Can anyone help with a solution.

I had a player like that. It's a piece of schit. Just to clarify, you connected with an Ethernet cable?