Internet piracy promotes culture of fraud and corruption: MultiChoice

Jola

Honorary Master
Who downloads when you can stream with Netflix, HuluPlus, iTunes and Amazon Instant Video ?

Of course DSTV competes with the internet, and yes, it is directly comparable.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
lol... one of the largest criminal monopolies in South Africa lecturing us about morals. :D

The resulting quality of Internet-sourced content also isn’t comparable today in the SA market

Yeah, my 1080p downloads are far superior to anything MultiChoice has.

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Using pirated media as an alternative to DStv also has the unhappy side-effect of discouraging investment in local content, and robs international content producers of revenue, MultiChoice said.

"unhappy" side effect. Did this puppet that said this go to school?

The majority of local content is for overseas companies or film projects. International content producers also are not suffering, just look at celebrities - icons of ethical misconduct and splurging. So I am not sure if their argument is really valid.

Randux

Expert Member
So what is the bigger picture Multichoice?

Last edited:

[)roi(]

Executive Member
focusing purely on our individual needs.
Funny that this part of their statement describes exactly what's wrong with MC;

Taken out of context for sure... but accurate of the MC monopoly none the less.

Wouldn't it be nice if instead of trying to criminalize choice and affordability, they rather focused on how best to provide a comparable triple play service to that of US cable suppliers.

Now who would argue about paying the recent prices if it covered phone, uncapped broadband and a far wider selection of content worthy channels (not some of the crap they currently include)

Segg

Expert Member
:wtf:
Another bit of evidence as to why I think mweb introduced throttling :whistling: Too much data being used for videos is eating into DSTV subs and Naspers overall profit ;)

rorz0r

Executive Member
Local content is mostly total drivel anyway. But just lol, the ridiculous price, mediocre content, faulty decoders, loud incessant adverts and lack of choice are discouraging me from investing in dstv.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
They are correct that it is better to consume legal products than illegal.

It is, however, wrong to tell your clients (even ex-clients) that they are a nasty bunch of thieves.

Arrrr!

koeks525

Expert Member
MultiChoice....they just sad they not making money from people pirating, and they losing money from people who run Netflix and similar...

**** you MultiChoice...go die in a hole!!