Internet Solutions reduce ADSL wholesale prices

I just wish that IS ADSL accounts seperated the local and internet traffic properly so that using local traffic reduces your local cap and international traffic your international cap. Currently you need to use up your international cap first before your local kicks in and that doesn't help me much.

This is definitely good for all the IS users and especially ISP's such as openweb ;)

yup, if they fixed that I'd be very tempted to move over to an IS provider.

Have any of the saix reseller passed on their savings yet or are they all keeping this months reduction for themselves? How quickly will the IS resellers implement the reduction?

Have any of the saix reseller passed on their savings yet or are they all keeping this months reduction for themselves? How quickly will the IS resellers implement the reduction?

Not yet. WA have promised something before the end of the month. Wonder if we will have to wait another month for the corresponding drop in IS bandwidth.

what's the point when they are slower than saix. no?

Not nec. slower (higher latency), but their service has been erratic recently, and their news server (the only real place where you can spend all that cheap local bandwidth) has been down a lot.

i had a feeling IS would do this because they would have forseen that customers would probably have ditched them due to their product being so bad recently. What good is their adsl if u can only get between 5-20 KBps?

I just wish that IS ADSL accounts seperated the local and internet traffic properly so that using local traffic reduces your local cap and international traffic your international cap. Currently you need to use up your international cap first before your local kicks in and that doesn't help me much.

Skip.... Raspppoe and route sentry will do what you wanting to do.

Have fun with google. :)

My problem is not cost with IS but rather Speed during the day.
Its sad to say the least

Guess Telkom still has the upper hand until SAT-3 bandwidth becomes available to all... oh well......

Back