Interview with a “fake news” website owner

mister

Executive Member
Do you make enough money to make a living through the MyBB Openweb Collaboration?

Yes, we make a comfortable income. We are into this full time.

spiderz

Honorary Master
Did they do a Interview with MyBB?
/goes to read article ...

KingRat1

If they see nothing wrong with what they are doing and have nothing to hide why do they cloak themselves to keep their identities hidden?

_TrXtR_

If they see nothing wrong with what they are doing and have nothing to hide why do they cloak themselves to keep their identities hidden?

Why, is your house made of glass? You have a public facebook profile? Are all your e-mails exposed for public scrutiny? Do you have webcams in your house 24/7 fro public visibility?

These guys are practising free speech. The speech sucks but there's nothing that can or will be done about it.

Thor

Honorary Master
Read the first answer and closed the article this stupidity is beneath us

Why did you start the Imzansi website?

To fill the gap of satirical stories in South African Media.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Oh, are they still pretending it was intended as satire? :rolleyes:

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Both I guess. The bigger intent is to entertain, but we also need money to cover the associated bills. I guess it also boils down to passion and the will to inform the masses, whether satirically or not.

Inform the masses of fcking what? :rolleyes:

ellyally

Expert Member
Hopefully people they write about/mention start suing ****ers like this for defamation etc and all that 'comfortable income' disappears from their back accounts. Surely there is some law against knowingly and willingly making **** up as 'news'(satire in very small print)

ThatOtherGuy

The point of satire is that it's supposed to be funny and thought-provoking while not being completely believeable. Their articles just seem to mislead.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
If only some of them were actually funny... but what is the point of satirical articles that are not funny?
I don't get it?

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
So who exactly are the owners of this website? Surely someone here have the investigative skills to find out? MyBB managed to do it, so surely someone capable on this forum can do it and expose the w@nkers? Name and shame.

They are only in it to make quick bucks. End of story.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Satire is a relatively-new genre, and with anything new, we tend to have people who will not grasp the concept.

Ok, as stupid as I thought he was.