Interview with Nick Hudson (pandata.org.za) - Cyril Ramaphosa is lying about COVID-19

FNfal

Executive Member
"
Mortality
TB continues to be the leading cause of death in South Africa. In 2018 a total of 63,000 people died of TB. Of these it is estimated that 42,000 were HIV positive.3"

Lets just lock down South Africa for ever .
If the morons in government actually cared about the population of South Africa they would have done some thing about TB .

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
yaa mense.. when you have someone in your home who probably had a good a good 5-10 years left to live quite comfortably and they die in the space of a week due to Covid and respiratory issues. It becomes very real.

Until then call it as much of a conspiracy and lies that you like, but only when it affects you directly then will you believe.
True. On a personal, this thing is devastating. Hence WHY, the protection of the vulnerable is so important.
BUT.
Having now said that, there was and will never be ANY proof that the measures taken such as these draconian ones did ANYTHING at all in assisting in the protection of the vulnerable,or justify destroying the country as has happened.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Its overly dramatic.
How about - 7 000 000 learners directly affected.

That I can buy.. yes its overly dramatic, but I think there is a place for dramatic stats in this instance.... people need big numbers to be scared it seems.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
True. On a personal, this thing is devastating. Hence WHY, the protection of the vulnerable is so important.
BUT.
Having now said that, there was and will never be ANY proof that the measures taken such as these draconian ones did ANYTHING at all in assisting in the protection of the vulnerable,or justify destroying the country as has happened.

Especially not in the incompetent way that it was handled in SA.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
That is just not true, see my above post. You can treat flu with an antibiotic, but you cannot kill the flu virus with an antibiotic. The nuance is important.
the zealots will never understand -- maybe they should look up the meaning of the word 'treat' as opposed to kill the flu.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
It’s a common misconception that antibiotics cannot be used for treating a virus. You’re correct that it doesn’t kill the virus., but that isn’t the full story.

In the case of flu it works since most people die of the secondary infections (ie bacteria) that come from pneumonia.
No, its a common problem that antibiotics are prescribed for viral infections.

Over use and incorrect usage is a huge problem and plays a part in the spread of super bugs.

Lupus

Honorary Master

Over use and incorrect usage is a huge problem and plays a part in the spread of super bugs.
Antibiotics should only prescribed for the secondary bacterial infections, not the actual flu itself.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
That is just not true, see my above post. You can treat flu with an antibiotic, but you cannot kill the flu virus with an antibiotic. The nuance is important.
No, that's still completely wrong. You can't treat a virus in any way with antibiotics.

Secondary infections that are bacterial - yes but in no way will assist in the treatment of a virus that is killing you.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master

The origin of superbugs is still not a settled question and it’s a different point all together.

There are some scientists that believe that our current use of antibiotics put the bacteria under a selection pressure and therefore they become more resistant (that is essentially your argument).

There are other scientists that point out that the majority of superbugs were imported from countries that had no history of antibiotic use (such as India) and hence they claim that they always existed and that we just need to identify their natural origin. (Most antibiotics come from Mushrooms and the species have a various range).

The underuse of antibiotics in France and the UK in recent years have lot to flu fatalities. So you might be correct that their use contributed to the resistance, but it doesn’t change the fact that antibiotics can treat the secondary infections.

Last edited:

FrankCastle

Executive Member
That I can buy.. yes its overly dramatic, but I think there is a place for dramatic stats in this instance.... people need big numbers to be scared it seems.
The number is way to large to be comprehensible enough to make an impact.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Antibiotics should only prescribed for the secondary bacterial infections, not the actual flu itself.

Correct and in the early age onset you can use a antiviral to treat the flu.

for that to happen we need to equip our doctors with expansive testing capabilities.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Please Nick do us a favor -- take a walk through a hospital without a mask...
To get a myriad of other infections? Hospitals are probably actually the worst place to treat people with covid to be honest, they should've had separate hospitals for them and kept the normal hospitals for normal things.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
To get a myriad of other infections? Hospitals are probably actually the worst place to treat people with covid to be honest, they should've had separate hospitals for them and kept the normal hospitals for normal things.
well nothings worse than covid right ...so shouldnt be a problem :ROFL:

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
as i watch this interview the more and more i feel like this is the type of guy who should purposely infect himself and when he comes out on the other side have another interview..... at least then he would be substantiated in some of his opinions

Nanfeishen

Executive Member

But that is all that is being posted , big numbers to scare us and keep up the hype.

Its time headlines started to read Y Confirmed Case , X Confirmed Dead , Z recoveries.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
But that is all that is being posted , big numbers to scare us and keep up the hype.

Its time headlines started to read Y Confirmed Case , X Confirmed Dead , Z recoveries.

They need the hype to sell papers and advertising, and the government needs the hype so that us minions don't tell them to get even more knotted than we already are.