Introduction to Islam

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
im going to have to watch again
Noticed a few signs, he refers to other scholars who have found evidence of xyz, and bases his assumptions on those but doesn't name any of them. Very suspect. He has a book or 2 out, so I referenced from that also, and figure I know why.

There are a few reasons for this, one is that they are often biased polemicists whose entire aim is to punt their own religion. Some have even recounted their previous assertions after being challenged. But 3 other authors have based their assumptions on the recanted claims. This guy is now using these 3 other authors as his proof.

I don't think he's being malicious per se, just a bit naive. He just seems like he's a Nabataean romantic, and wants to attach more relevance to their existence than there actually is. By talking up Petra, he's convinced himself of that.

And a lot of the anti Islamic websites have picked this up , and piled a lot more BS on top of what was already there, making it further difficult to actually find source material online

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
is he of any religion ?
i'm not seeing any attempt by him to further any religion
I didn't actually question his religious motives if you see my previous post. As I don't know his take on that.

However if you look at the order in which he released his books, it gives you an indication of what I think he is. And it's a common trend amongst people studying exotics lands and cultures

3Gee

Expert Member
i believe that was used as a reference for a time and place during that period - not now
Correct me if I'm wrong , as you stated , stars were used back then.

The current 12 degree angle pointing to Petra using current maps , do they compensate for the 1500 year movement in the stars.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Everyone and his dog has a theory about something. This is the internet. And people like Jay Smith , who have already displayed their prejudices will jump on anything that supports their views without much of a fact check.

I think what is telling is when people of one religion are seemingly obsessed with another religion. Almost like they want to rack up some conversion points to get to heaven. That goes for the guy who started that thread as well
About the same as muslims obsessed with sharia law and imposing it on the world, hoping to rack up the same points. I present so called educated muslims in the UK.

isie

Executive Member
About the same as muslims obsessed with sharia law and imposing it on the world, hoping to rack up the same points. I present so called educated muslims in the UK.

wow a muslim speaking to other muslims about their own religion - not sure where you get forcing anything.

Also not sure how doff you are but clearly this is not even close to what @Hamish McPanji was even saying
:cautious:

isie

Executive Member
Ah, triggered responses trying to subvert my obvious comparison.
Well done boys.
no you the triggered one , not sure why you felt the need to post anything here if you were not affected by what he said not to mention he never even tagged you ;)
felling all hurt ag shem
If you absolutely have to respond to silly comments then I guess you just as dof as that other muppet accused me of being.
No you still the doff one, you still clearly don't understand what he said .