Introduction to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

saturnz

Honorary Master
General knowledge, curiosity.....

But sure, how about let's say a god does exist, created everything, numero uno, paul main man #1......so what......whoop de doo, why does he need me to tell him how awesome he is, I don't give a ****....go make other species and **** off and leave me alone tbh.
I haven't got time for superficial issues, what is your view with respect to usury?

Only religions have forbidden it, and the liberal or atheist view is indifferent towards it.

lived666

Executive Member
I haven't got time for superficial issues, what is your view with respect to usury?

Only religions have forbidden it, and the liberal or atheist view is indifferent towards it.
I haven't got time for superficial issues, what's your view in respect to same-sex relationships?

TysonRoux

Executive Member
General knowledge, curiosity.....

But sure, how about let's say a god does exist, created everything, numero uno, paul main man #1......so what......whoop de doo, why does he need me to tell him how awesome he is, I don't give a ****....go make other species and **** off and leave me alone tbh.
Muscle memory, ..... keep doing it at least 5 times a day and it will be permanently imprinted in the brain, no risk of open minded thinking and apostasy.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I haven't got time for superficial issues, what's your view in respect to same-sex relationships?

whats your view on incest, or bestiality, or murder, or pedophilia?

how do you determine what is right or wrong?

lived666

Executive Member
whats your view on incest, or bestiality, or murder, or pedophilia?

how do you determine what is right or wrong?
I can understand why you struggle with this seeing as Islam has been responsible for the last few years for the rape and murder of thousands.
As a Muslim you must be, well I least I hope you are, a tad conflicted seeing how people use Islam to justify their rape and murder of slave wives such as what happened with the Yazidi .

saturnz

Honorary Master
I can understand why you struggle with this seeing as Islam has been responsible for the last few years for the rape and murder of thousands.
As a Muslim you must be, well I least I hope you are, a tad conflicted seeing how people use Islam to justify their rape and murder of slave wives such as what happened with the Yazidi .
okay so you are just trolling, no problem

Splinter

Honorary Master
but my view is that there is no point looking at Islam if you are an atheist. I would suggest first trying to reconcile the existence of a creator of everything, without looking at religion.

If you can't find an answer that a God exists, I don't see the point in looking at texts that claim to be from a God.
Um no, I have no problem with the concept of some sentient force (e.g. nature) or entity having something to do with the inception of our universe.

It's your religious deities/gods that bear scrutiny - which hopefully will one day result in their rejection by all of humanity. You know, to remove this burden that hinders modern progress and society.

PS - don't ask for proof, unless you are able to supply some about your particular god.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
Oh, sorry god of the internet.
the issue is not about acknowledging the existence of a creator, the issue is reconciling it with the current position

how do you logically move from being an atheist to a theist, the thought process is relevant, if you want to skip that part, you can do that, but you do that without me

Splinter

Honorary Master
the issue is not about acknowledging the existence of a creator, the issue is reconciling it with the current position

how do you logically move from being an atheist to a theist, the thought process is relevant, if you want to skip that part, you can do that, but you do that without me
While in accounting you can reconcile to a figure of zero, here you can't reconcile to the "zero" of a fictitious religious entity.

saturnz

Honorary Master
While in accounting you can reconcile to a figure of zero, here you can't reconcile to the "zero" of a fictitious religious entity.
exactly my point, so as long as you consider the koran to be fictitious, asking if its content is true makes no sense really edit: or engaging on any of its issues

Splinter

Honorary Master
exactly my point, so as long as you consider the koran to be fictitious, asking if its content is true makes no sense really edit: or engaging on any of its issues
And read my post again where I said such fiction needs to be scrutinised so that it can be ultimately discarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.