Introduction to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
What god, muslim's allah or the christian trinity ?

Interested to see some evidence that either exists, or existed.

saturnz

Honorary Master
What god, muslim's allah or the christian trinity ?

Interested to see some evidence that either exists, or existed.
we are not talking about a god linked to a religion, infact I clearly say that here

but my view is that there is no point looking at Islam if you are an atheist. I would suggest first trying to reconcile the existence of a creator of everything, without looking at religion.
so now the issue is explaining how a sentient force or entity has something to do with the inception of the universe, if such an explanation is even possible

Um no, I have no problem with the concept of some sentient force (e.g. nature) or entity having something to do with the inception of our universe.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
exactly my point, so as long as you consider the koran to be fictitious, asking if its content is true makes no sense really edit: or engaging on any of its issues
The koran most likely has some truth, but its source is fictitious, and the evidence of this can be demonstrated.

saturnz

Honorary Master
The koran most likely has some truth, but its source is fictitious, and the evidence of this can be demonstrated.
the Quran can either be considered a book of fiction, or non fiction

there is no in between, your comment is a red herring

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Is it against forum rules to bump up an old thread even if the content is still relevant?

I see the Trinity thread has been locked and would've liked to get Christian and Muslim viewpoints on this.
I mean, is there a way to reconcile the 2 opposing beliefs?

saturnz

Honorary Master
Is it against forum rules to bump up an old thread even if the content is still relevant?

I see the Trinity thread has been locked and would've liked to get Christian and Muslim viewpoints on this.
I mean, is there a way to reconcile the 2 opposing beliefs?
if you do not even understand the difference between "relative" and "general", or "little scriptures" and "good news" then I wish you all the best with your reconciliation, but I doubt you will be able to get very far.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
the Quran can either be considered a book of fiction, or non fiction

there is no in between, your comment is a red herring
You are not qualified to know exactly which parts are fiction or which parts are non fiction, so it doesn't fall in either category, for instance historically, we know verse 17:1 is fiction.

saturnz

Honorary Master
You are not qualified to know exactly which parts are fiction or which parts are non fiction, so it doesn't fall in either category, for instance historically, we know verse 17:1 is fiction.
parts?

a book is either fiction or non fiction

FrankCastle

Executive Member
if you do not even understand the difference between "relative" and "general", or "little scriptures" and "good news" then I wish you all the best with your reconciliation, but I doubt you will be able to get very far.
It is quite tiresome and sad that you constantly feel the need to nitpick in order to prove a point.
You said:
Life under Saddam was relatively peaceful
I then said "quoting" you:
Life under Saddam was generally peaceful

Honestly dude, if this is the basis and sum total of your arguments then it proves you cant successfully defend your position.

And you're still harping on about the Injeel, months after fact, when Ive proven to you over and over again that it is indeed the Fourfold Gospel. Ill be more than happy to provide additional evidence to finally convince you.

saturnz

Honorary Master
It is quite tiresome and sad that you constantly feel the need to nitpick in order to prove a point.
You said:
Life under Saddam was relatively peaceful
I then said "quoting" you:
Life under Saddam was generally peaceful
like I said, if you do not appreciate the significant difference between the two, then I'm not the one with the problem here

FrankCastle

Executive Member
parts?

a book is either fiction or non fiction
The koran speak of Muhammed whom we know was a factual historical figure but goes on to say he flew a creature from the nearest mosque to farthest mosque (which didn't exist at the time) rendering it fictitious.
Therefore the koran contains elements of both.

saturnz

Honorary Master
The koran speak of Muhammed...
whether Mohammed existed or not is irrelevant to the issue of whether the Quran is fiction or not

theres nothing stopping an author today writing a work of fiction where they reference themselves in the book

FrankCastle

Executive Member
whether Mohammed existed or not is irrelevant to the issue of whether the Quran is fiction or not

theres nothing stopping an author today writing a work of fiction where they reference themselves in the book
And its interesting that you put it this way because that's exactly what the Koran is - a work of fiction where the "author" is Muhammed himself. Now, since the source of the "revelations" are fabricated in response to events which might or might not be true, you cant classify it as either.

saturnz

Honorary Master
that's exactly what the Koran is - a work of fiction where the "author" is Muhammed himself.
so after that long winded exchange, you now have conceded that you are of the view that Koran is a work fiction and the author is Muhammed

thats perfectly acceptable, but now examining its contents becomes moot

Status
Not open for further replies.