Inverter and batteries

dunkyd

Executive Member

Tinuva

The Magician

howardb

Expert Member
okay, do you know where i can find one or perhaps have an example or link to show me
GeeWiz.
Most good pure sine wave inverters are 24v or 48v, so you'll need 2 or 4 batteries minimum.
The lower end Mecer units are not pure sine wave.

What are you wanting to run, for how long, and what's your budget?

Retro1337

GeeWiz.
Most good pure sine wave inverters are 24v or 48v, so you'll need 2 or 4 batteries minimum.
The lower end Mecer units are not pure sine wave.

What are you wanting to run, for how long, and what's your budget?
just basic stuff like alarm, fibre router and ONT, TV - but ive heard some bad reviews when it comes to modified sine wave and modern tvs etc hence why im looking for pure sine wave + a family member wants to use ebucks that they have saved up which can only be used at places like takealot and makro

joker08

Expert Member
Why are inverter prices not going down. I remember mercer inverter 720w was selling for 1300 before the whole loadshedding drama started then it jumped to 2300.
I was hoping that the prices would be back to normal but it hasn't.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Why are inverter prices not going down. I remember mercer inverter 720w was selling for 1300 before the whole loadshedding drama started then it jumped to 2300.
I was hoping that the prices would be back to normal but it hasn't.
They arent going down because of the warnings that loadshedding will be back soon. I expect them to go up when it starts again.
It basically becomes an exponential increase because its increases on increases.

crawler

Expert Member
Royal, Deltec, Energizer, CSB, Ecco?? What to avoid

Can get Deltec at 1350 ea
Got 2 X CSB 120ah at R1550 each

Photo of 2 original batteries