Bruno123

What to do ??

Here or overseas

Is South Africa going to offer enough return on investment??
And is it stable enough to produce the growth we need ??

Or is it easier just to simply place our money in Global Investments

imagesIPA86N2E.png

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Both.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. The third world typically offers better growth but less stability.
Imo it is a good idea to put most of your money where you live (or want to live), since that is where you spend your money, and how you measure your wealth. It is then also not influenced in the short term by currency fluctuations.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Both.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. The third world typically offers better growth but less stability.
Imo it is a good idea to put most of your money where you live (or want to live), since that is where you spend your money, and how you measure your wealth. It is then also not influenced in the short term by currency fluctuations.

Jip, personally for me, if retirement (70% local/30% foreign as per Regulation 28) and TFSA (50% local/50% foreign feeder funds is what I'd do) saving are at max, discretionary I might do 70% foreign feeder funds and 30% local monthly.

Bruno123

Jip, personally for me, if retirement (70% local/30% foreign as per Regulation 28) and TFSA (50% local/50% foreign feeder funds is what I'd do) saving are at max, discretionary I might do 70% foreign feeder funds and 30% local monthly.

You again Supersunbird LOl

You pulled the technical card out here but Yes pretty close to what you are saying.

I suppose it always gets down to setting your clear Investment Strategy according to your Profile and then sticking to it