Investigation into Cape principal’s remarks about student teacher’s hairstyle

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Principal need to move on from his conservative "verkramp" mindset, and realise learning is about moving forward with ideas not sticking to outdated stupidity about hair styling.
No wonder education is so stuffed up when those in charge are still stuck in the past.
Vredenburg itself is verkramp

Mila

Honorary Master
I never understood the obsession of schools with hair.
If it is neat, and out of your face, who cares.

grok

Honorary Master
Imagine what an absolute **** this ******* must be to students.
Come now, he hasn't even called for the killing of people with bad hairstyle choices like that absolute **** who advocated for the killing of whites on social media (yet!)

The_MAC

Executive Member
I never understood the obsession of schools with hair.
If it is neat, and out of your face, who cares.

It's an old colonial thing, everyone must look the same i.e. Uniform

I agree with it, but that's because I grew up with it

Mekon

Expert Member
Reminds me of the 80"s when I was in high school and there was all that hair can't touch your shirt collar or be over your ears f*ckery.

SAguy

Executive Member
Principal need to move on from his conservative "verkramp" mindset, and realise learning is about moving forward with ideas not sticking to outdated stupidity about hair styling.
No wonder education is so stuffed up when those in charge are still stuck in the past.
I'm indifferent about the whole hair/school saga... but where do you draw the line on what's allowed?

Can a boy then have a full on beard in school? Or have butt length hair dyed pink?

Surely at some point it becomes too much?

And who then decides at what point that is?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I'm indifferent about the whole hair/school saga... but where do you draw the line on what's allowed?

Can a boy then have a full on beard in school? Or have butt length hair dyed pink?

Surely at some point it becomes too much?

And who then decides at what point that is?
Give the article a thorough read.