Investing: Sasol

Tun@

Expert Member
Oh I totally understand and agree with that, many people dont understand that and think that something like this is a "sure thing". Buy it, it drops, they sell, they lose because they dont understand how this works and think it will just go up.
school fees

gertvanjoe

Oh I totally understand and agree with that, many people dont understand that and think that something like this is a "sure thing". Buy it, it drops, they sell, they lose because they dont understand how this works and think it will just go up.
I am probably in it for the "medium" term. Don't see it going my way soon, but when it hits the sweet R300's I'll have my day. Not sure exactly when that will be though, I suspect somewhere around December 2021

Deago999

we seem to be in that dreaded R84.00 spell again...
kind of luck when you waiting for a game to load and it always freezes at 99%

gertvanjoe

I got out. Made my pay in the last 2 days. I'm happy.
Im happy for you too :) Fortunately this is not a zero zum, we can all be winners :) Up up and away, I'm holding out in order to replace my and SO's aging wheels

Capetown505

I got out. Made my pay in the last 2 days. I'm happy.
That is the right way, especially with this share as the way it can go up as well as go down. Maybe the share does shoot up after you sold but you have banked the money and the trick is to not be upset if it goes up as i have seen people hold out for a certain amount on a share and it goes over their target amount and have held on and next day it goes down and down until they lost.
Who knows maybe you will be buying it back for less then what you paid Originally

kombi-man

I am probably in it for the "medium" term. Don't see it going my way soon, but when it hits the sweet R300's I'll have my day. Not sure exactly when that will be though, I suspect somewhere around December 2021
This is what I'm hoping for, just hoping it doesn't take THAT long, although you're probably right.

kombi-man

I understand this is the sasol investing thread, but I asked this in general that other day and got a few rolling eyes responses.
Any other shares we should look at now, before they all start to rise up again after the primary covid19 saga? Something that will surely double in the next 12 months or less?

Snyper564

Executive Member
I understand this is the sasol investing thread, but I asked this in general that other day and got a few rolling eyes responses.
Any other shares we should look at now, before they all start to rise up again after the primary covid19 saga? Something that will surely double in the next 12 months or less?
Something that will surely double in the next 12 months or less? :rolleyes:

we gave you rolling eyes cause nothing is a "sure thing" you are playing with fire cause double your money in 12 months is get rich quick, this is how you get locked in with dodgy investments or scams etc...

here hitch your horse to any of these

1590584570561.png

Last edited:

kombi-man

Something that will surely double in the next 12 months or less? :rolleyes:

we gave you rolling eyes cause nothing is a "sure thing" you are playing with fire cause double your money in 12 months is get rich quick, this is how you get locked in with dodgy investments or scams etc...

here hitch your horse to any of these

View attachment 846967
Dude, there's no chance, read my lips, that Sasol will not double it's value multiple times in the next 12 months, especially when some of us got in when it was 20 bucks a share. I've ALREADY tripled my investment, and I went in with 6 figures. So, Its entirely doable. I'm just hoping\asking a few more savvy guys here who understand the markets better, especially with the current market down, if there are any other glaring opportunities.

But yes, I totally understand nothing is a "sure thing", however, with all the due diligence done, once can easily assume weather something is a complete loser, or will go back up post covid19.. thats all I'm asking for gents.

Capetown505

Sasol in one year could get there but best not to look as it can get you to have a heart attack along the way.
A fairly safe one with dividends along the way is clientele (CLI) I think in a years time will go back to where it used to be, stable financials.
Rdf shares will need to economy to get going again, and in a year from today has a chance.

Look into these shares. Remember every share is a gamble but atleast you have a kombi camper to move back into.