Investing: Sasol

BBSA

Honorary Master
Sasol said a Rights issue isn't set in stone and is the last step after selling off assets, cost cutting and finding a partner for the Lake Charles project. After doing those three things they will evaluate whether they need to have a rights issue. At that point their market cap should also be much higher.

This is all premature selling. Sasol won't be allowed to fail. Even if your shares are diluted by half you will still make a huge profit imo. Just have to play the long game.
How are they going to sell assets in this
environment?

Yes, they will not go under as government will step in. The problem is that shareholder will be whipped out if government step in.... Check African Bank.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Wow, things looking pretty grim on the Sasol front:

1584966805687.png

I wonder where the bottom is for them.

L-Dog

True, guess it is to early to say.

What shares would you guys buy in this market ? It is basically as share sale as everything is 30-50% off.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Capitec is also crumbling
There is not many that aren't crumbling at the moment. The only one that I have been watching is Vodacom. Somehow they are avoiding** the meltdown that the others have.

**Ok, there it is. The kiss of death! :X3:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
To invest in Sasol you must be thinking that there is a good chance of recovery. Except for the oil price, what other indicators are there that this is a good buy?

I reckon the only people who'll buy Sasol are those thinking it is cheap and what goes down must surely go up and those that are aware of people who think this.
I don't know hey...people said the same about Lonmin and look where it's sitting now. (Well before the Corona **** show).

I expect Sasol will be the same if you are in the longer game.

That being said I would wait to see what happens with this partnership in America before I did any further into it. I've been a very longterm buyer of their stock so will ride it out.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Sasol over 5 years.
View attachment 799523

Recent crash aside, hardly anything to get excited about unless they've been paying reasonable dividends?
They've always paid dividends very reliably which is why I've always held onto them.

That could of course change with the current issues, I believe a large part of the dip is withholding this last dividend.

Tun@

Expert Member
SRE

sre.JPG

Is this normal to come across with sharemarket here?

Tun@

Expert Member
Yes it's normal. Especially with SASOL or Telkom that's half SOEs, additionally the PIC is also a mayor shareholder in many companies.
Ok thanks yeah i knew about PIC but that there just seemed a bit odd with it being foreign based,.anyway no big deal was just curious thanks.
Broke my JSE virginity today, now a holder of AGL,SSW,IMP.KIO & TBS shall see what unfolds from here i guess.

Tun@

Expert Member
Anyone have any views on whats up with Sasol trading intraday?
Seems like it has like a autotrader doing scalping on it or something?
Its been more bullish that what its been able to move versus a lot of others i been watching.
For a market with no MM controlling price its hardly moving very free in my eye.Could have already moved a lot higher.
Like today flag breakout to the upside but its only managing to dribble higher

Tun@

Expert Member
At least something more positive than the oil price, i do hold some now also,
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sasol Ltd. is producing alcohols for hand sanitizers and disinfectants, and prioritizing local supply to help contain the Covid-19 pandemic.

The oil and chemicals company has come up with a blend of alcohols that can be quickly produced as demand rises in South Africa, Sasol said in a statement. It is supplying government entities and essential services in the country ahead of other clients.

“Over the past few weeks, Sasol has experienced an increase in demand of nearly 400% for alcohol-based products,” said Chief Executive Officer Fleetwood Grobler. The company has delivered about 8 million liters (2.1 million gallons) to the South African market and its own laboratories in recent weeks, he said.

Africa’s most industrialized economy had 1,187 confirmed Covid-19 cases as of March 28. It is on the third day of a three-week lockdown.
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tun@

Expert Member
Market taking a 2nd look at the corona downtrend resistance line
Wake up SOL........lol

alsi March_30.JPG